Dipping Berzerkers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dipping Berzerkers?

Hi Im new to the forums and had a question. I have been looking into dipping and decided I would try it out. I want to dip around 30 Khorne berzerkers, but I dont know what color to undercoat or dip them in. I dont want to have to take a long time to do the basecoat before the dip. The problem that I am worried about is the vents in between the armor, they need to be black and unless I undercoat black I'd have to paint all of the vents would'nt I? Has anyone tried dipping a red figure before? If so what color did you undercoat them in and how did you basecoat it. Pictures would also be very helpful if you have any.

Thanks,
    Ethan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was one guy who dipped genestealers and they were red, im not sure where to find it, go to the tyranid pictues in the gallery were youll see it, you can send that guy a private message.
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I dont know if you understand but dipping is the last step. You should paint your guys and to all the detailing then dip. If you dip then paint or just base and dip they would look bad.

This isnt a flame I am just trying to help.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dipping is just a way of doing inking and varnishing quickly. If you just dip over black or white undercoat you will get black or white minis with red dip pooled in the details (and sometimes on flat surfaces). Tyranids are about the only army you could get away with using dipping as their primary colour over undercoat.

Honestly doing up ten marines isn't that hard even for a terrible and slow painter like me. I can do a full tac squad to "minimum" standard (3 colours neatly painted) in about 8-12 hours over a weekend. You won't get much faster then that unless you are are an 'Eavy Metal class painter or do a terrible job. You are much better off putting time into doing mini's decently now then having to strip and redo them in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never seem to take to long paiting.. tho i admit i dont use involved techniques on my basic foot troops, i just paint cleanly, and use basic techniques to upgrade thier look. im not the best painter in the world, but they look decent as a unit. and thats what counts. if someone wants to look at a single model, ill show them a lord or thane..

i find it gets tedious to paint your best on foot troops, i save that for characters..
    fantasy

vampire counts ( under construction)

am thinking about starting it again

currently working on :

second unit of skellys

most likely thing next :

another box of skellys .....

+ Reply to Thread