[Tau] Crisis Suit Squad Leader PICS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

[Tau] Crisis Suit Squad Leader PICS

So this is the squad leader for one of my Crisis Suit Squads. Its my first conversion using plasticard and green stuff.

He's got a twin-linked Plasma Rifle, and the thing on his other arm is a Squad Leader's Drone Controller. The big wings (I wonder if they're too big) are from a Gundam Wing kit and the upside-down jetpack is supposed to look more dynamic and maneuverable. In my army Crisis Suits "in training" have their jetpacks in the normal out-of-box configuration, and veterans have their jetpacks like this guy's. I just use it for fluff, but I suppose one could use them for Vectored Thrusters.

The head is meant to look heavier and more protected. I think I need to get better at smoothing greenstuff.

Anyway, comments welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

The plasmas look cool and the drone-contoller. Not to sure on the head and wings though (never been to fond of the anime-style conversions of Tau).

Good work though and an really intresting idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lookin good! nice interpretation of the twl-plasmas. I like the change in the jet pack - the origional config was never too exciting. THe wings may be a little too big tho - did you consider the fins off a SM Landspeeder ? Dont worry about the greenstuff - that comes with time. I like what you're doing here - keep up the good work!
    ~Peace only comes through superior firepower. Now Reload Dammit!
    ~Fight smarter, not harder!
    "Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes!...Oh screw it! It's not like these lowest bid lasguns are going to do anything anyway. Open Fire!" ~ Lt. Marcus Aurileus Cashain'tus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it very gundam like the jet packs look great
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

maybe put the jet pack on some sort of swivel so it looks like they can rotate. this would also mean flipping the pack around
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread