Squat army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat army

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Squat army

So I've been pondering starting a thrid army (poor poor Tyranids, my first, will I ever finish painting you guys ) I toyed around with starting Tau, but now I know that I want to start a Squat army.

Now I know what you're saying, Squats were phased out many many editions ago, but I figure I'll just be playing a midget Marine army. Make my own chapter type stuff. I'm going to be picking up the codex tonight and a box of Marines and Fantasy Dwarves. I've got a few ideas for models (like trolling Ebay for some old Exoarmor squats to be my Terminators) but if anyone has any conversion ideas for models or vehicles I'd be glad to hear them.

Also, any Marine players that just want to throw in on army comp (which would lead to future conversions), please feel free.

Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.warmongerclub.com/articles/chaossquats1.html

Read that article - its about one man making a squat army from scratch (be sure to see the other pages with next page at the bottom). Includes pictures, army selection and how he converted them.
    I live in your eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Yeah, I did see that one (though it's a Thousands Suns army using chaos dwarf minis), as well as found one for making a Squat Imp Guard army on Dakka Dakka.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I've seen one of those exo-armour chaps in the gallery. Perhaps you can take Ironbreaker, give them guns and GS to seal the armour and add slight futuristic touches. Although that probably requires more effort than just ordering off e-bay.

It will be cool to see what you eventualy come up with, I've never seen mining midgets in space :p

Good luck
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

I had picked up a box of Ironbreakers, but they are all metal and have an annoying nub for the shield on their sheild arm. Also, the arms are molded onto the model. If they were metal minis with plastic arms, I may have been able to mod them a bit, but I'll be going with Dwarf warriors. I've chopped up my first dwarf/marine and primed it. I'll thow up some pics, then paint him and assemble him and add more pics later today. Now that I know the bitz I need too, I can just start ordering the sprues rather than buying the boxed sets.

This will definitly be the most expensive army I've ever built, but it will be worth it.

EDIT: So as not to post twice, here is the WIP pic of the test Squat. I'll post another when I've settled on a paint scheme and finished him up.

Last edited by Gojiratoho; May 6th, 2006 at 20:08.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

That looks like it could be pretty cool, what are you going to do for exo Armour.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

thats looking nice, i made a squat for a competition we did in the Order of Shadowy Flame a little while back:-

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...hp?i=3467&c=28

good luck on your army!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

*BUMP*
    Here are some WIP shots and the finished Squat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i know its WIP, but its not very convincing with the face mask/whatever your gonna claim it as lol ... its just that, ok white face, brown eye brows? or Brown decorative mask parts. The point is, the so called face/mask doesnt seem right, unless your gonna paint it a skin color, i dunno. Well overall its good

"DID WE JUST SIGN UP FOR A SUICIDE MISSION, RICO?" "YEAH WE JUST DID, WHEN WE ENLISTED" LOVE THE IMPERIAL GUARD, JOIN TODAY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

It's a face plate. It was a seperate plastic piece from the head. That one is a full face, the others are all half faces (eyes and nose) so I'll have to attatch the Marine nose/mouth piece to the other face plates. It being a face plate (and Marine helmets being fully enclosed) means I painted it to match the armor, I had no intention of painting it as an actual face.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; May 14th, 2006 at 08:03.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast