Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi guys, I've just started putting together a Druchii army and I was wondering which models you have used to produce nobles/highborn. Is it best to just stick with DE champion models or use models from other armies?
I use DE models but just convert them a bit. Personally black guard models make sick ass characters - as long as u have no black guard in ur army. But even then a simple conversion can make a origional and great looking noble or highborne.
What i did to make a noble/highborne on foot was this:
1) i got a black guard who was holding a halberd in one arm and his other hand (the left) was on his hips.
2) the first thing that i did was cut off the halberd on either side of his hand.
3) then i glued a cool looking chaos sword in its place, so he's now holding a sword above his head like he's giving the order to charge or some other wierd reason.
4) lastly i got a chaos warrior shield and stuck it on his left arm.
This guy actually looks really good. with a nice paint job u can really make a simple conversion stand out.
To make a BSB on foot i used a similar black guard modle but did this:
1) cut the top off the halberd
2) put a chaos banner on the top of the halberd shaft
3) i then stuck a goblin head on the top of the shaft
4) glued the halberd blade back on the top to make it look as though the gobbos head was shoved on the banner
5) lastly i hung some other heads form a thin cord off the cross-bar on the banner
this conversion is probably my favorite
Anyway, you can basically take any model and cut some things off and add others to make a awesome character
Thanks Dark Pain, I've pretty much gone with your idea although I haven't used the chaos bits. Also considering using a corsair champion so that the model will have an SDC, has anyone else used that model?
what could look good is a corsair with a cold one knight shield. havn't tried it as i dont have spare shields.
Not a bad idea that, I'll give it a go as I expand my army (assuming I have the bits).
actualy, the malus darkblade model is ideal for this