Kai gun for chaos. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kai gun for chaos.

I was wondering how you would make a kaigun for a Chaos LT of lord.
    I had in mind a plama gun or bolter with the tank sprue head thing stuck onto the front of it with some green stuff work. Any better suggestions or easier??

Laters

Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment.

Armies:
    1500 Iron Warriors
    2000 Biel-Tan Eldar
    2000 Imperial guard
    3000 Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a kai gun can be pretty much anything you can imagine as there are no real pictures of it or descriptions. How about a heavy bolter with a tau plasma rifle barrel and the muzzle from the chaos plastic lascannon sprue topped off by a tau shield generator. Or a bolter with six barrels, a venom cannon with a necron gaus blaster at the end, a shuriken catapault with a flamer attached. The possiblities are constrained only by your imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

it is said that a kai gun is a heavy bolter with rounds that have the infused essence of daemons in it. you might want to check out osme older white dwarfs because there was a picture of how someone made it out of cadian heavy weapons, and it was cool looking.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The Chaos codex says that even if a daemon weapon is described as a sword/blade whatever it doesn't have to be modelled that way.
    Anything will do provided it's nasty, impressive and daemonic looking and you tell your opponent what it is.
    So it could be represented by a majic gauntlet that zaps people with Chaos energy or some kind of mystical electric globe or anything else you can come up with.
    If it must be a big gun then I would using the Chaos marine heavy bolter or sticking lots of spikes or skulls all over a standard boltgun to make it look daemonic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't there a kai gun mounted on the back of the hand of the standard deamon prince.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

That is exactly what I thought of it... If you are using the Prince, use that arm and you are fine. You could add a Chaos tank barrel with some GS, but that might look overdone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The Kai gun is a daemon weapon and can therefore look as wierd and wonderful as you like.

Let your imagination run riot, provided the result looks scary rather than comical, you've done a good job.

I would recommend lots of guitar wire, icky green stuff work (very easy, just mash the stuff around then varnish coat it later to smooth off the harsh edges) and combining different gun parts. I'd probably base it on a plasma cannon, but that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread