Opinion on DG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinion on DG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion on DG

Ok I was just painting up some DG and i wanted your opinion. What would look better(if i had a digital camera i could show you some pics) Ok here is the question. Would you rather see a DG army thats painted in the Greens and silver trim, or would you rather see a DG army how they should look Brownish Green?

WOOT 200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you want to paint the model with some silver trim, then definitely do a wash over the metal, I use a chestnut ink glaze when I go over models metal parts, and it gives a good weathered look to the metal, which should be even more accentuated on Death Guard. i would probably prefer to use a brownish color, but i will look at your model tomorrow and tell you what i think.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

green and silver is the GWs way of painting it right?

Mine personally i prefer a brownish-green colour, its different AND it looks awesome (trust me...mine are like that and i beleive are tops - ask for a photo if you want to see).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I think the deathguard "official" color scheme is a dirty bone white armor (heavily stained) with a camo green trim.

That said - I personally prefer painting them a darker green and using a brassy/gold trim rather than silver. I think it stands out better.

I think you should think about how you ultimately want the army to look and go for that - rather than stick to any hard and fast guidelines. Nurgle themed armies can lend themselves to some interesting colorations and conversions. Let your imagination go wild. Here are a few examples of the way I have been painting them:

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I have to agree with Slorak here, the preheresy colours were bone and the post heresy is just bone but turning green, tainted green or whatever. So I think green with patches of bone shades showing but slowly corrupting to green would look great. I also think any metallics should be stained, rusted or corrupted in some way - clean silver with a slight ink look does not suit in my opinion.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i Did have that bone shade showing through but instead of Bleached Bone i used desert yellow because its slightly darker and you cant really see that is a different color thanks to the chestnut ink. But I am trying to talk my parents into getting a digital camera soon since ours is freaking old. But I really like my paint job so if i can get some pics ill show you. I personally hate the gw scheme because its too clean looking. The DG are followers of Nurgle the god of decay and plague, and they have been in the eye for 10000 years so they shouldnt be clean and proper. Thanks for the pics guys and opinions i hope to get my Asp Champ up soon because he is done!!!:w00t: :w00t:

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

+ Reply to Thread