Painting Scheme for Space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Scheme for Space marines

Hey i just finished painting and testing my Battle for Macragge starter Marines and i dont like the colour i did for a few (Liche Purple, Chaos Black) of them, i was thinking of Red and a cream colour, or cream colour and green!
    If you have any suggestions then tell me.
    Also the main reason why i put this in was because I wanted help making a good cream colour, kinda like bleached bone but not that dark, kinda like the colour most terminators use Just post your help =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Red and bone/cream would go well together.

For the bone color you could always add white to it to lighten it. I would start with a base of brown (maybe graveyard earth), then your bone color, followed by bone mixed with white. Of course the more colors you mix and layer the smoother the transition and the more vibrant it will be.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx! I was thinking of making red for everything, kinda like the shade of the BA, but if its to like making it blood red/Red Gore, exept the shoulders (Not the outline) gun would be black and boltgun some chestnut to make it look used and eyes maybe green?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, what primer should i use? White like the BA says to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

If you are painting reds and a lot of it - I recommend starting with a white base. The reds will be more vibrant and cover better. Barring that start with a darker red/brown base and highlight up to a brighter red.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Again!

+ Reply to Thread