WH40k Chaos Lord Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WH40k Chaos Lord Conversion

A while back I bought the new(then) space marine commander kit. I did this with the intention of converting him into a chaos lord model. Since us poor chaos players don't get cool kits like this, and it seemed like a fun project. I wanted to share this idea with the other chaos players out there.

I opened up the kit and saw all the cool bits and options. Oh man the fun we can have here, I thought. I have magnetized nearly everything on this guy. I magnetized the legs to the torso so he can be posed as well as I have another project to make him a mount(deamonic steed). So I can just put his torso on the mount.

I then put magnets in his shoulders, and proceeded to magnetize his CC weapon arms and the two little shooting arms he has. With a magnet in each wrist I magnetized each ranged weapon. I also used a chaos powerfist instead of the space marine one. Since chaos doesn't get combi-plasma guns, I cut the hand off of it, and put it on a combi bolter I made by putting two bolters together.

So he is now fully modular, with a chaos marine head and shoulder pads. I'm planing on doing some further conversions using green stuff, to make him look a little more "chaosish" and evil.

The potential of this model kit, and some extra bits from chaos sprues such as the champion sprue, or even the mutation sprue are endless. You don't have to do all the magnetizing stuff I did, maybe just the weapons, or maybe nothing at all. The idea is to have your own creation for a chaos lord instead of that static metal model we have now. Who says chaos doesn't have a cool Lord model kit? :ninja:
    Happy modeling

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Yeah... what exactly did you use in terms of magnets, small enoughof a model too.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Sounds really cool.

Almost like....lego. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    Yeah... what exactly did you use in terms of magnets, small enoughof a model too.
    I use rare earth magnets. www.wondermagnets.com and www.kjmagnetics.com sell really small ones. I put some larger ones in the shoulds(took up most of should space) and in both the legs and torso. They are maybe 1/8" round. I put really really small, I think 3/16" magnets in the arms and weapons.

I use magnets for all my termi arms too. That way I can easily swap out weapon configs for different lists with out having to buy tons of models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

good job. i wanted to do this for a friend who can't really convert that much and doesn't have much experience with green stuff. or a dremel. or magnets. not you ethan. it's dan. he's a fool. ok, that's enough, goodbye.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we see some pictures? I'd like to see how you Chaosified him.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

Oh, one thing - give him a nice pretentious rock to sit on. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I'll get some pics. I have all his conversions and modeling down now, so it's painting next. I have the green stuff additions done too. Since is he an Alpha Legion lord, I added a coat of green stuff to his cloak and made it look like scales. His fluff I'm writing has him killing a dragon and taking parts to adorn his armor.

As for the base, I'm probably going to put him on a 2", termi type base. I'm doing a big conversion on his backpack with all metal parts and green stuff so kinda heavy. I don't trust a small 1" base to keep him standing up. I'm waiting to get my hands on one of the urban basing kits, before I start painting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

Yeah, the large bases look much better than the smaller ones for Chaos Lords.

Makes them stand out much better.

+ Reply to Thread