Little Shield Thing On Dh Termies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive tried painting these small shields but they become a mess, any tips on how i should paint them?

Dont...Ever...Be...Alone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sure.... the best way is to start simple with them.... try doing them all in like a half and half split down the centre in white and red.. if you do it to all of them then it'll help tie the unit together... i actually don't use em un my krey knights apart from on my 2 dreads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, you mean the skulls on the left shoulder pad?

I have had a tough time painting those, and I still do, from time to time. I will basecoat it in Vermin brown, or any brown for that matter and drybrush it in bleached bone and then lightly highlight in skull white. This give a clean look, but that is also the draw back.

The other method is to paint it in bleached bone and then wash it in brown ink. This one is the most troubling for me as the ink will not always reside into the cracks, however this way tends to give, a more in depth look.

Edit: Oops.. Sorry, thought you ment the Space Marine Terminators.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are sort of like a squad badge. If you have a cool symbol or color, I would suggest painting that. Mine, for example, are red with a white stripe passing through. Every Terminator, every shield.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XV, do you Scuba dive? Cos a red flag with a diagonal white stripe is the diver&#39;s flag...
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I paint my grey knights differently. instead of using red loin clothers and shields etc. i use blue. It makes the grey knights look more individual and unique then the original paint scheme.
    &#39;No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous&#39;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm...I figured someone would do that eventually. I think that&#39;s cool, but GKs are highly regimented...Perhaps you should come up with some fluff as to why they have blue trim. Maybe they aided some Ultramarines against a giant Slaaneshi chaos invasion, and were presented with UM painted gear.
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheating just a bit but i&#39;m hopeless at creating my own patterns and stuff. And there&#39;s one point you all missed...go to gw and ask them to teach you. seriously, really helps&#33;

i actually don&#39;t use them except on the real important models...

Closed Thread