Fantasy + 40k Problem - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasy + 40k Problem

I dont know if this is in the correct subject but, how can i use Chaos fantasy stuff in 40k as well as fantasy, seeing as you need the correct bases,. I dont know how to solve this, i was thinking of magnitising the models then the bases so the stick by the magnet. But i dont think it would work. Any suggestions?

Chaos will destroy all humanitie

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as bits you mean? or as whole models?

bits are ok but have to look properly 40k, if youre just plopping a dwarf warrior in the middle of 40k then thats not ok
    (/_/)
    (O.o)
    (> >) * * bunny has ninja stars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean like Daemons and stuff, right? I suggest making a textured movement tray with circular slots, and basing the daemons on 40k bases. This way, you can use them normally in 40k, and as daemons in fantasy. The circular bases are smaller (IIRC) than the daemon sized fantasy bases, so you might also be able to cut a hole... but I'm not sure how that would go, given how fragile thin plastic is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

The units are packaged with the proper base that they are to use.

The square base for demons is supposed to be a square base, look at the codices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Astantia
    The units are packaged with the proper base that they are to use.

The square base for demons is supposed to be a square base, look at the codices.
    Huh?

The problem her is that 40k uses circular bases and FB uses square. Daemons come with both in their box. As far as magnetising them is concerned, I don't have a lot of experience with it. But I might work if you replace one of the edges of the slot on the base with a magnet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia
    You mean like Daemons and stuff, right? I suggest making a textured movement tray with circular slots, and basing the daemons on 40k bases. This way, you can use them normally in 40k, and as daemons in fantasy. The circular bases are smaller (IIRC) than the daemon sized fantasy bases, so you might also be able to cut a hole... but I'm not sure how that would go, given how fragile thin plastic is.
    It would seem this is the case. Daemons are the only models I know that are used in both fantasy and 40k. Thus they come with both sets of bases.

As for the movement trays cut a sheet of plywood or plasticard to fit within the movement tray. Trace circles for where the bases will go and cut/bore/drill/whatever. The edges of the circles will be pretty close to one another so do be careful. When this is done simply glue the pieces together and sand/grass/flock the movement tray as you see fit.
    If you really want magnetised bases you can sandwich a layer of chrome/tin plated steel so magnets in the daemon bases have something to stick to but I don't think magnetising bases is necessary.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Ya, I was talking about the big demons on the square bases.

The little ones should be packed with both, but unless you are playing in a tournament, nobody should say anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Even in a tournament you should be ok with square bases on Daemons. The rules say models should be on the bases they come with or larger bases. The daemons come with the square bases which (I believe) have a slightly larger surface area then the round bases so there should be no problem using them in 40k (though you may have a little more trouble placing them in tight spots). As for using daemons in fantasy, the round bases with a custom movement tray should work, but if you plan to use them at tournaments I'd think you'd want to be careful making sure each one takes up only a square bases worth of area, as I believe the width of a unit can have an effect when it comes to rules.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The square bases have the same width and height as round bases but have extra corners.

Cheap bit of effort way: So, get a bit of card or whatever your movment tray is made of and use the square bases to mark out the unit size, then place the round base in the center and draw around it. You should now have a square with a circle in it, repeat this for the whole unit tray. Now all you need to do is build the edge of the movment tray and fill in the "corners". just remember to make sure the tray looks like it is cut into squares, then you simply put the round based model into the gap and you can use it for either game with no worries.

Easy got to buy stuff way: Buy the GW move trays and stick your square based models in and draw around them (if not premarked ones). Now stick round based models in the markedsquare base slots, they will fit and everyone can see where the base is ment to be.
    The man of tomorrow is judged by his battle today.

+ Reply to Thread