Which one looks the best? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one looks the best?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

32 72.73%
  • B

11 25.00%
  • C

1 2.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one looks the best?

I have 'converted' three different space marines. I must enter one of them in a contest.

Which one do you people like the most? And should I enter in the contest.

A:

B:

C:

If you would like an idea of how the painting would look like see this one:

Also any painting tips are greatly appreciated. Like how should I paint the 'shields'?
    As for the bases, I will be using a small piece of razor wire too.

Please let me know which one I should enter. The sooner I can begin painting it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

I voted for # 1 , but that's mainly because you use the atypical head. I have trouble really calling any of these guys 'converted', with the exception of #1, just because they use the regular plastic pieces. I expect conversions to be a bit more than you could do with the standard set.

That being said, I think that #1 (A) would benefit from a different head position. As it is, he looks too boring, not in motion. Just turning the head to the side and down a bit would help out.

Just my 2 cents...
    Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

These aren't conversions.

This is a conversion (a half finished one mind)

++REMOVED++
    Last edited by Gareth; June 27th, 2006 at 12:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

LMAO "that isnt a knife.. .this is a knife!"

Stam you been done mate!

I voted for A cos I missed the B button with the damn touch pad, I prefer B but I agre with Gareth
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

LMAO... the mick dundee impression was not intentional lol

Strewth...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, how bout you actually convert something then we will vote? 1 is just a regular marine with an added shield on one of his shoulderpads and a lil bayonet, so far not really anything converted, you just added some random bits.

2, you have him in maybe a different position, but thats it. Other than that, you added less bits than you did for 1, so its worse than 1.

3, same thing, only a combo of the two. It has no new pose, and has little extra bits.

So you should get some gs and go further into the models, maybe make them in even cooler poses, add bits than you think would look cool, then you have a conversion!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Aww come on guys, cut the poor lad/ladess some slack. They did in fact write 'converted' first, so to me they're admitting that it's not really a conversion. Stop teasing! :tongue:

Anyway, to my tastes I prefer A to the other two. Just make sure you drill out the bolter though, makes it look better.

Oh and Gareth, don't start that "mine's bigger/better than yours!" otherwise I'll have to get me dad involved and of course - "my dad's harder than your dad" :tongue:

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    Aww come on guys, cut the poor lad/ladess some slack. They did in fact write 'converted' first, so to me they're admitting that it's not really a conversion. Stop teasing! :tongue:

Anyway, to my tastes I prefer A to the other two. Just make sure you drill out the bolter though, makes it look better.

Oh and Gareth, don't start that "mine's bigger/better than yours!" otherwise I'll have to get me dad involved and of course - "my dad's harder than your dad" :tongue:

KU
    Oh yeah..... My mom is harder than your dad! :w00t:

I'm sorry I had to jump in on that one! :yes:

Yeah its pretty childish to bring in the mine is bigger and better than yours analogy. Also just to note conversion doesn't have to include greenstuff or other parts not in the original kit. Merely positioning them in a non-standard pose is considered a conversion. I think that we are used to seeing conversion being big and dramatic and that makes these look plain.

I agree the 1st choice has the most potential. Drilling out the bolters would also make for a big improvement.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your replies,

I know it is not really a conversion, greenstuff is not allowed in the contest. Only minor bits swapping.

I think I will use your ideas to create a whole new model.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

695 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slorak
    Oh yeah..... My mom is harder than your dad! :w00t:

I'm sorry I had to jump in on that one! :yes:

Yeah its pretty childish to bring in the mine is bigger and better than yours analogy. Also just to note conversion doesn't have to include greenstuff or other parts not in the original kit. Merely positioning them in a non-standard pose is considered a conversion. I think that we are used to seeing conversion being big and dramatic and that makes these look plain.

I agree the 1st choice has the most potential. Drilling out the bolters would also make for a big improvement.

Cheers,

-Mike

I am really starting to grow tired of the backlash i get for offering up ideas, examples and help.

people don't like the truth, i'm not going to sugar coat it for anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast