Eldar Wraithlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Wraithlord

Here it is:

So what do you think?

Last edited by Stam; June 27th, 2006 at 17:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Very Nice....love the ying yang symbol thing...:yes: The base looks terrific too..Well done!
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's really well painted. I'd like to see more highlights on the extreme areas of bone. The base also adds to the model. Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

And sweet gem work, well done.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Its very nice, but i don't think you should canvas for votes, its as if you don't believe you're good enough to win and have to ask people to vote for you.

I voted for the squiggoth anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comments,

Gareth, that's why I used a smiley

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Still asking for votes smile or not...

Its very nice, i like the colour choice (dark and gothic for eldar, nice change) i like the base. Its a very neat strong piece. Pose is a bit tame i guess if i had to say one thing i didn't like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad you still like it.

The base is done by using the new GW Urban basing kit. I reccomend it to everyone who wants some extra detail on his bases.

I agree that the pose is a bit static, I didn't want to cut the model up and maybe ruin it. I don't really know how I should have done the pose differently.

And the vote thingy was more a joke.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

695 (x8)

pose wise you can get wraithlords walking by hacking up joints and pinning, not for the fainthearted, but it looks like you got the skills to do such a job. A future project perhaps.

My wraithlord i had a foot raised and bracing himself against a ruined wall, and with the arm under the bright lance was pointing forwards. Looked rather commanding if i do say so myself. And i've seen plenty that are light on their feet and hopping about like eldar should be, a good example of movement is the forgeworld eldar revenant titan. almost like a ballet dancer.

Good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Overall a very neat looking model. The urban basing kit is a very interesting beast and it turned out well. The bone coloration looks a bit flat but it is hard to tell due to the size of the pictures vs. the size of the figure.

The gems look like they could use more black at the top of them. This would better create a 3d gem quality. I don't think they are quite there yet. having more black and then tiny white "reflection" maybe even with a bit of gloss varnish would have made the effect look more "real".

I must admit I am not much of a fan of Eldar and really don't know much about there fluff - but I am used to seeing them with more "decoration". This one is rather plain. I don't really know what to make of it - if it was meant to look plain then so be it. I would think however that maybe more "runes" would be fitting.

I agree with gareth fishing for votes even under the pretense of a joke is rather tacky. Especially for a contest on another site. Not very fair to your competition now is it? Just something to think about in the future. Kind of borders on poor sportsmanship and goes against the very spirit of competition. Is it not better to win on your merit alone?

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast