Blue Table Guest Artist Program - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Blue Table Guest Artist Program

Would you like to sell your figures, but don't want to list them week after week on eBay and watch your profits completely disappear? If so, then read on...

Blue Table Painting- Guest Artist Policies

Blue Table has a program where painters can list their work on our website. You'll have your spot in the Guest Artists section. Blue Table takes 50% of the income after Paypal fees, less the retail cost of the model.

Example: you buy a dragon for $50, assemble and paint it. The dragon sells for $120. There is a $4 Paypal fee. That leaves $116 net income. You get $50 (cost of model) plus $33 (half the rest) = $83 to you via Paypal. Blue Table will ship your model and also pocket the shipping charge. We charge $6.50 flat for shipping, anything more than that is deducted from the net income of the piece like the Paypal fee.

You can suggest a price for your models, but Blue Table reserves the option to increase the price (but not decrease it).

If you decide to recall your models, you will need to cover shipping as well as the cost of setting up the model on the website (about $1-2 per listing). If you do not recall your models, there is no charge for the time to create the listing (that’s what our cut is for).

If models are lost, stolen, or there is some unusual circumstance at the Studio, Blue Table will replace the models if they are currently in print, and if not replace them with an in-print market equivalent. Alternatively we will send money equal to the wholesale value of the unpainted, unassembled figure. This is the limit of our liability.

Blue Table has a spreadsheet to create an invoice for your models and to record values and asking prices.

When you send models, there should be a written and dated invoice in the package. This should give the cost of each model (excluding the labor of assembly, converting and painting) and a retail cost that you would like us to sell the model for.

You cannot set the cost of the model’s base materials higher than the retail cost of the materials. For example: if a model costs $10 retail to purchase in a blister, and you want to sell it for $30, that is fine, but you could not say that the cost of the model is $29 and that you want it to sell for $30. You can, however, claim your cost of model at less than the retail amount.

We also need an email version of the invoice. This version can include what title/description you would like for each listing. Otherwise, we will make up the listing title and description to the best of our ability. We reserve the right to correct or alter titles/descriptions.

We take pics of the models.

When your models arrive we will confirm delivery. If there are damages we will repair them and do touchups. Minor repairs are not charged, but major or extensive repairs are charged to the account when the model sells.

This arrangement is meant to be primarily a method to sell models and get money, not to advertise services. Albums are titled anonymously at Blue Table’s discretion. It doesn’t do us any good to have clients buy your work and then do their business with you instead of Blue Table.

It’s best to try a small run first and see what happens, and ease into it-- low risk for both sides.

If you're interested, contact me at jazzmouth@yahoo.com

Best regards,
    Shawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Sounds great way for you to pocket 50% of the profit for doing very little.

The painter doesn't even get the credit.

I wish you luck on it, but i'm not interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

No offense, but ebay seems the better option :rolleyes:
    Coulrophobia - Fear the Clown!

ANZAC clan Inquisitor =]A[=

Quote Originally Posted by A mod
    Killer Clown - Please refrain from the dry, mocking, sarcasm you have so wittingly displayed here
    .....flattery is my Achilles' heal.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

tis interesting, but could you clarify the costs and such? i don't really get that, as it is kinda confusing. although, i need to sit down and think more about it, as i just woke up.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Conceptually this seems like an interesting idea - especially for new and unrecognized painters however logistically I just don't see it working or worth the effort. Ebay would be only be more expensive if the model didn't sell and you had to keep re-listing it and re-paying the entry fees. If it were't selling on ebay why would it sell on your site? Not to mention would you really be able to coax more money from your site than what you could sell it on ebay? Especially to make up for the 50% that you are taking?

Not to mention the cost of having to ship the model to you and then take the cost of shipping it to the customer after your 50% cut profits would continually diminish. Not to mention you claim it is anonymous so therefore the artist won't even be building a reputation on their own.

Maybe if you are a kid with no credit cards, no camera, no means of selling on ebay and just want to dump some stuff and they can't find someone locally to buy it - that might be worth it - however if you are an artist trying to make a little profit - there really is no incentive to work with you.

You might want to re-evaluate this as right now it seems a very one sided benefit to you and not the guest artist.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Wow, guys, don't hold back. Go ahead and tell me what you really think. It's not my intention here to enter into a polemic, but perhaps to shine a brighter light. The deal is there, whatever anyone thinks of it. If the whole world thinks it stinks, then I'm no worse off..

If someone had their own website, clients, digital photography setup, then why on earth would they be interested in this program?

That's four people with a "no thanks". Well, what would you suggest?

Here's the way I'm looking at it: 50% is what makes it worthwhile to Blue Table. If someone is going to spend money on someone else's stuff on our website, that's money not spent on our own offerings. There's the factor of cannibalism.

My experience on eBay was that the total percentage they take was about 16% of the total amount (after all the fees and other expenses). Note, that's not a deduction of the amount after the cost of model, but the gross amount of the sale. The way the program currently stands, Blue Table only takes 25-35% of the total amount. Anyway, often after a listing was up for two or three weeks on eBay, the profit was eaten away.

But that's still more than eBay. Here's the difference: with eBay you get one week to sell your item. With us it could be up there for six months, or a year at no extra cost to you. This essentially allows an artist who does worthy work to hold out for a fair price.

Let's consider other aspects of the transaction: time spent packing, transport to the PO, packing materials, time spent taking the pics and listing the item. My theory is that with a centralized system of handling all that, plus the advertising and promoting, it will be an attractive service.

I see high end stuff getting a good price on eBay, but not consistently. I've been following a lot of auctions, and I'm fairly galled. There are talented artists selling great stuff but it's not even going for the cost of model. Yes, I know not in every case, but in many cases. I'd encourage you to take a look. Maybe I just saw a bad day...

My bet is that some people would rather dispense with the administrative aspect and get on with painting figures.

I'm very interested in hearing every perspective. Either the program is workable (on both sides) or it is not. There's got to be a middle ground.

Frankly, I'm not sure this idea has merit, but I had to put it out there and find out.

Thanks to all for their input.

Shawn Gately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I know you weren't aiming this at people that had their own websites, clients, etc. I was more looking at anyone that isn't local to you.

Let's be honest - for the most part if a person isn't selling an armies worth of figures they probably won't sell for more than $100. Having to eat the cost to mail it to you, pay out your 50% on sale, and then any further costs for shipping will make the profit marginal. Not to mention the lengthy process of sending it to you, having you market it, and then moving on to the third party. You may be handling the workload but there is still "hassle" in sending it to you rather than a buyer directly.

Now if it were local that would cut down on the shipping cost, there would be a guarantee that the figure arrived and arrived safely and it might be more worthwhile. Otherwise I just don't see it.

I don't have a fully conceptualized idea of what would work better - however my initial thougths would be to do something less complex such as offering "rental" space on your website for outsiders sales. Maybe this would hit the people interested in sales but not in the time it takes to set up and run a website on their own.

Maybe even work out something like a "contractor" painter under the Blue Table logo where you can have "guest painters" getting commissions under the Blue Table business and then take a % of the profit. Quality control may be an issue but could be more beneficial to both parties.

Just some thoughts. No disrespect intended. It's just the way you initially worded things hinted at not being very adventages to the seller.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread