An opinion required in WIP CoD Table (Photos). - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

An opinion required in WIP CoD Table (Photos).

I was wondering whether you guys thought I should go for a roundabout or a Piazza as the Centre-piece for my table.

The table goes left-right or right-left and the green strips are part of the board, (I had to trim it to fit it in my car ) but I'll put stuff there to stop it from being so green. It's my fantasy board that this WIP one sits on you see.

This is the table.

It has my 1000pts of SoB on for scale purposes.

This has tubs and stuff to show where the buildings would go (not as actual buuildings, I'll build them out of plasticard and balsa wood). The vitalite tub is the roundabout/square problem.

This is the dilemma.

Thanks for your potential help and thoughts.

Last edited by Jon Quixote; July 2nd, 2006 at 10:37.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I'd go with the plaza, but that's mostly b/c I hate roundabouts .

On a more serious note, Either one looks like it could work well with the table, but I think the plaza would present more modelling opportunities.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go with the plaza because, as Mastershake has said, it will offer you more options for modelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I too would go with a plaza, because you will have more fun with it in the long run.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

I would also suggest a plaza of some kind. You can add an interesting centerpiece (such as a fountain or sacrificial pit depending on what sort of city you want it to be), and even count it as the "holy ground" stratagem if you wanted to.

Cheers

Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

467 (x8)

It looks like the Square has it, so far. I should say that it would be a PIAZZA not a PLAZA as it'll not be a building rather an open space to fight over.

However, the middle of the roundabout wouldn't be just one of those floral jobs advertising the rotary club, it would almost definately have a statue of sorts in the middle or a fountain (as I just got some water effect stuff). Some sort of Bronze jobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Oh a PIAZZA. I understand now. Yeah that would be nice. Theere was a piazza in the Italian town I lived in. It was a great place to hang out at and talk to the locals.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I'll join in with the majority. I think a piazza leaves open more ideas for modeling. A roundabout feels soooooooo WH 2k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Thought about it a bit more and I think that if you did the roundabout idea in a simiar style as the Arc de Triumph (i.e. a massive architectural thing in the middle of the roundabout) then it could work very well. It would also allow for a fully interconnecting road network to allow tanks faster movement speeds around the city, and loads of open areas for people to barricade. It does need to be large and fancy though; it is the centrepiece of the table after all!

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

467 (x8)

I was thinking exactly that, or maybe the Marble Arch.

As you may be able to see the wide 'champs ellesee' (sp?) that leads up to the roundabout/piazza.

Arrgh, the decisions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast