Help on a VC conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help on a VC conversion

Well, to make a long story short, I'm seeing a girl who loooooves Warhammer. Like, ever since I told her about it shes been obsessed. So, I was thinking I'd start her out and build/paint a mini or two for her. She also loves vampires, everything to do with vamps shes crazy for, so I thought Vampire Counts would be perfect. She also likes the elves, so my idea was a vampire High Elf. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should do this? Thanks immensely for help. If you have pics or something of that nature PM them to me.

Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Does it have to be a High Elf conversion? If not, I would suggest using the Wood Elf Spellsinger 1 (the floating guy on the far right of the pic at the top). Grab this model and vamp him up a bit:

- File off all the wood elf bits (leaves and the like)
    - Add morbid bits to his clothes. For example skulls, chains of skulls, bones, bits of dead people, tattered scrolls and books, anything you associate with vampires. One good source of bits for this would be the skeleton regiment sprue, which also has some suitably gribbly banners that you could use to give him a back banner. You could also replace that gem he has dangling from the cord around his waste with a skull.
    - Give him some sort of evil creature as a pet. You could use a bat flying alongside him for example.
    - Evil up the base some. Cover it in skulls/bones/dead people.
    - Equip him with an appropriately evil weapon and have it floating alongside him like he is controlling it via telepathy. Scythe! Use a SCYTHE!
    - Green stuff some large canine teeth onto him so he looks a bit like a vamp
    - Give him a really dark and dingy paint job. Pallid flesh, tattered black robes, blood all over his face from his last meal/victim.

Sounds like a bit of work, but it should make a very cool looking vamp. Might be expensive tho. Good luck mate!

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a Blood Dragon (thats the name of the bloodline right?) High Elf army. I think that would work wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RP252, good ideas, rep for you. And Fideru, thanks for informing me, it gave me some good ideas, rep for you as well. I'm going with Spellsinger 3, and either Fell Bats or some bats from a Bat Swarm to make her look like they're carrying her. Then I'm getting some various skulls and bone bits, maybe making them look like they're popping up at her feet. It'd make sense if you knew her. Oh well, thanks for the help, now how should I paint it?
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Good choice of model mate. I converted that spellsinger into a Necromunda Wyrd (a telepath - she floats via her telepathy), and with a bit (ok, a lot) of work it ended up looking really good.

Good luck with the model, post up pics when you have finished it, would like to see what it looks like.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the line up of dark elves models i have to recomend a few of them.

Blood Cauldron model: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...773&GameNav=13

Executioner models could be used as grave guard: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...256&GameNav=13

Dark Elf Harpies could be used as Fell Bats: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...781&GameNav=13

Dark Elf Beastmaster could be used as Blood Dragon on Winged Nightmare: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...770&GameNav=13

For zombies or ghouls you could mix and match dark elf warriors with wood elves and zombie boxes.

Zombies: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...496&GameNav=13

Wood Elf Glade Guard: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...684&GameNav=13

Dark Elf Warriors: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...247&GameNav=13
    Last edited by bestial; July 4th, 2006 at 03:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:w00t: Again, fantastic ideas and inspiration. I've been on such a brainstorm lately it's not even funny! My plan: Making two 1000pt armies, one of Vampire Wood Elves, and the other of Vampire Dark Elves (the Dark Elves being mine to contrast my lady's WE). The idea actually came from her when we were talking about how I like the evil armies and her the good, and I formed a story (which I'll soon post), but I digress; How should I go about modelling them?

For the Wood Elves I'm thinking a lot of Bat Swarms and Dread Wolves for troops because of the Asrai's affinity for animals in life, then Glade Guard mixed with Zombie bits to make Grave Guard, and some Dryads painted to look ghostly to symbolize either Banshees or Etereal Hosts. Maybe even a Treekin to proxy a Black Coach (you can't tell me an evil ent doesn't entice you a little:shifty: ). Any help on these would be welcome.

The Dark Elves will be a lot easier because of their already evil ways. I'm thinking that I could either use plain skeletons to symbolize dead slaves or mix the skeletons with some Dark Elf Warrior bits to symbolize Grave Guard (Zombies for WE because I want to keep them different). Black Knights made from a mix of the Tomb King Horsemen box and my own Dark Riders made from High Elf Silver Helms (yeah, they're a very confused unit). Maybe some Harpies to stand in for Fell Bats. Help on these would also be welcome.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, please keep them coming!:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

258 (x5)

I'll be honest, I know very little of how the WHFB armies are composed, so I'll just give some general advice on making the models look a bit more like Vampire Counts.

Most of the Elven models could be converted in the ways I specified above. I think this would work on most of them. Replacing the weapons is likely to be the biggest job here as alot of the Wood Elf stuff looks decidedly fancy; not the way I would imagine VC weaponry to look. A bit of green stuff work to put large canines on each model would go a long way to making these models look more like Vamps. Also, some work on the clothing to make it look a bit more tattered would help.

Covering Horses in horrific symbols and bodies parts would go a long way to making them look like evil mounts. Adding spikey armour to the horses would work, as would green-stuffing some long fangs (to give them some continuity with the rest of the vampires in the army). The Wild Rider horses have some strange looking armour on their heads, which if painted all rusty and bloodstained (over a dark metal base colour) would look very cool as evil horse armour! If you were getting really adventurous, you could add some open wounds etc to the horses, to make them look even more undead. For example, some could have a bit of ribcage showing, or you could replace the lower part of a leg with a bone so it looks like all the flash has been stripped away.

The Ent and Dryad models could be made to look evil very easily IMO. Just get some cotton wool, gently pull it out so it is really thin (i.e. looking like cobwebs) and liberally apply it the the models. This would make them look like they are covered in cobwebs, giving them a creepy edge. You would have to clip off all the leaves first (to make the trees look like they are dead). Have some of this cotton woll dangling from the arms and branches, or even have it flowing back so it looks like its been caught in the wind/the model is running (you may need to support it with wire). Having dead people tied to the trees would also look cool - on the bigger models you could actually pin an entire human to the body of the tree, and tie some rope around him - evil as hell!

As always, the paint job will add alot to the models:
    - Red glowing eyes on the horses
    - Pallid flesh, lots of spilt blood!
    - Dead, creepy looking trees.

Hope I helped mate. I'll have a think about the Dark Elf army and get back to you.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    Jaffar_Hasad:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, here's what I'm going for:

The Wood Elves stay local, but are corrupted, so they need to look immaciated and unkempt, lots of tattered clothes, ragged hair, etc. The way I'm envisioning this is that they're still "alive" but they're bodies are decaying so they're physically dead bodies, but actual elves will be at a premium. In addition I'm thinking that they'll have lots of animals and spirits, being Wood Elves and all. They'll still look mostly elven, of course, but they need to look evil, so lots of skulls, body parts, things like that. I'm thinking they'll either be a Lahmia bloodline list or von Carstein, I need some help with that.

The Dark Elves have a different thing going on. They go to the Chaos Wastes because they can't really go home as they are and thats the "safest" place for them (I use the term loosely). This translates into them becoming hardened, tougher, more brutal. I'm thinking this means the men will become animalistic or martially superior, so Strigoi or Blood Dragon. Zombies or Skeletons galore to contrast the WE, lots of troops is the name of the game.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm well wich blood line are you going with first off?
    if you went with a necrach then you could i dont know floating while rasing a zombie out of the ground and have him casting like a spell and have bolts of lightning coming out of him

hope that helps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast