Another Moment of Confusing Madness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Moment of Confusing Madness

Hello fellow Conversionists

I am seeking anybody who has any idea on making slouch hats for IG. Because at the moment i am making a themed "Rats of Tobruk" 1500 IG army, which basically consists of a lot of Men and a limited supply of Heavy Weapons platforms and Sentienels... But to make the army in true "Rats of Tobruk" style i need to have some clue as to how to make slouch hats reasonably quickly and effieciently....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

From across the table

White Ninja Warlord :ninja:

Oh for those of you who don't know who the "Rats of Tobruk" are read this...
    http://www.convictcreations.com/history/tobruk.htm

~The Means Will Always Justify The Ends~

"Anything in Inquisitor is plausible, just mathematically improbable"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Green stuff would likely be your best bet. Mix up a bit of the green stuff and do the guardsmen a batch at a time. If your not that confident with it, you could practice on a few (older/not wanted) models beforehand to improve you technique.

The idea for your guard army sounds good, be sure to post pics when you are finished!

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Hurdle

Thanks for the reply...

:wacko: I must confess though i am not the best in my ability with green stuff, so ill probably end up giving slouch hats to just the conscripts to represent the aussie volunteers which i will probably model using the catachan sprues and use the cadian shock troops to represent the AIF/BEF, another thing i am not sure about is how would you go about converting a "flashlight" into something resembling a "Bren LMG"

From across the table

White Ninja Warlord :ninja:
    ~The Means Will Always Justify The Ends~

"Anything in Inquisitor is plausible, just mathematically improbable"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Green stuff can be difficult to use at first, but I would urge you to give it a go. You never know, you might just get the hang of making hats!

Converting a flashlight into a bren gun could be fun. A conversion could be as simple as moving the ammo fed to the top of the gun. Make the magazine a little bigger than the normal flashlight mag/battery, and curve it so it looks like the bren magazine. You could also model a bipod onto the bottom of the barrel (plenty in the GW range to choose from).

Alternatively you could get the bren from this site, they sell them in packs of ten.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

+ Reply to Thread