Tau Fortifications Strategem - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Fortifications Strategem

I recently had an idea for a Tau Fortifications Strategem. And I was wondering if any of you could help me out.

The idea is that the Tau hastily put some shield drones arround the ruins and they connect like a sort of force field.

Now, It would be easy to make the shield drone part, but what could be a good idea to use for the force field?

The only idea i can think right now may be stretched out clear wrap (cant remember what they are called) But it may be flimsy, any other ideas for what could work as as a force field?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I know but this might be a little difficult to do and possibly dangerous. First get some fishing line (15-20 pound test so its thinck) then use glue and bend it to make it look jagged, so like electricity. That would be cool

or could take very fine mesh and mount the drones with brass rods then attach the mesh to the rods so it is taunt. Then paint it a bright red.

those are my two ideas slightly different but not too different or difficult. Well good luck and post some pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could make it so that the anchor the drones to the ground with pylons or poles and then use some clear plastic sheets stained blue or something.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn14
    I recently had an idea for a Tau Fortifications Strategem. And I was wondering if any of you could help me out.

The idea is that the Tau hastily put some shield drones arround the ruins and they connect like a sort of force field.

Now, It would be easy to make the shield drone part, but what could be a good idea to use for the force field?

The only idea i can think right now may be stretched out clear wrap (cant remember what they are called) But it may be flimsy, any other ideas for what could work as as a force field?
    I've seen some gamers using shoe horns. They were transparent green shoe horns, they may be more 'cron-like but if you find another colour or just clear ones, maybe that could work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also try celophane, thats clear, and easy to get to.
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a force wall effect, you could ask local Double glazing companies or plastic fabricators. They might let you have a few offcuts of clear plastic from their scrap bins if you ask them nicely enough.

If you want an entire dome, a hard wearing (and expensive) dome can be ordered to whatever size you need from manufacturers of skylights or security camera covers.

Gardening centres sometimes stock a variety of plastic domes for protecting fragile plants from birds and cold weather.

If you want small individual force domes, you could try some of these;

You could try this company
    http://www.imagesco.com/catalog/sphere/sphere.html
    They would make good shields for your shield drones and could be placed in a line to represent the force wall.

For cheaper option, plastic bowls and dishes are quite popular in the catering industry and might serve your purpose. How about using the plastic transparent dome that resturants use to protect cakes and food displays. Finally, the lids that McDonalds put on their Mcflurry Icecreams might be used (and you get to eat the ice cream as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could glue the bottom of a shield drone to a base, have a rod attaching the top to the bottom, and then you could take the clear wrap stuff and tape each end to 2 drone's rods. Then then you could simply turn the drone to reel the wrap in or out to make the force field longer or shorter. It might work:hmm:
    "It is not our technology that enables us to survive in this galaxy"(but it sure dang helps!)

Soldiers of the Forge Worlds!

+ Reply to Thread