Emperor's Champion (ideas) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor's Champion (ideas)

Alright. Fleshing out my BT army, I wanted to make a nice EC to go with it. I've seen many different types of conversions on this model, but I want something apart from the pack. Something unique. I've seen the two sword weilding ECs, the Nemesis Pike weilding ones, I've seen Axes, and hammers galore. All nice, but not quite what I want.

So..I come to you, to ask for some ideas. I know there's a lot of em bouncing around out there. I want one of two things for the finished product. Either something that would be weilded with grace and speed, or something monstrously brutal looking. Something a) NOT a Nemesis pike, and b) NOT an EC sword in each hand. Those are for sures. I also hate hammers and axes, so those are out too. Anyhow, hope one of you could help me with some much needed inspiration. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

For something that is brutal I suggest a scythe and wings instead of a back pack, so he looks like the angel of death.

For something that is finesse how about a halberd, not the grey knight ones. Check out fantasy weapons like the one off of the champion of slaanesh's on steed.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A scythe would be pretty cool.... Though wings would be a no no. I want to keep them fairly fluffinized, and I don't think the Imperial Fist geneseed the Templars carry would allow for such abberations. I'd definitely do it if I was Blood Angels, as Sanguinius had wings himself. A medieval looking halberd would look pretty cool, or a ranseur mabye'd be more finesse-y. Hmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

If you don't like hammers then maybe a double handed mace? You should give it a long, highly ornate haft, with a really fancy "business end." Grab some jewelers chain and attach it the the weapon and the EC's arm so that it looks like it is shackled to him - he can't drop it in combat then. Braziers are another thing I associate with the medievalism of the Black Templars. Maybe have a look at the Witchchunters range and grab some braziers for his backpack. Giving the model some sort of shield on the arm that isnt holding anything would look particularly medieval, you could decorate the shield with anything you want, or possibly use one of those forgeworld BT storm shields.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the Emperor's Champion I'm currently making (picture from GW though).

I really like its medieval look using a Bretonnian head.
    Last edited by Fideru; July 12th, 2006 at 11:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is one of the best Emperor's Champion i have ever seen from minivault painted by Thomas Schadle
    http://www.minivault.com/images/GDECFace.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a flail or a morning star for a weapon. For a backpack cut of the valves and glue gaunt heads in place of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

What about making him similar to the emperor at his best? Lightning claw forone hand and power sword in the other. (Though the emperor's sword would actually have been a power sword, but thats irrelevent...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the Empy's sword would have been a force sword =P But yeah that looks really good, I like how people have been combining fantasy bits to make really cool looking marines lately. The fantasy range actually has better swords and armor bits than 40k does I think and the options are pretty endless.
    The sun never sets on a badass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDsntKnow
    Actually the Empy's sword would have been a force sword =P
    Thats what I get for not looking over my own words before posting them...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast