greenstuff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: greenstuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greenstuff

What do you use for modeling? Greenstuff, or just air dry modeling clay? If you use greenstuff, where do you buy it (not GW)?

thank you for helping me out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardware stores usually have something like it thats white and black to make grey stuff.
    I have another question though; what tools do you use???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

you can buy green stuff off ebay in 36" strips for $15-16 american. i have been using my roll for 6+ months. for tools, i only use my x-acto blade and a pin.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by XenomarinesKiller
    you can buy green stuff off ebay in 36" strips for $15-16 american. i have been using my roll for 6+ months. for tools, i only use my x-acto blade and a pin.
    Makes green stuff modelling a little bit more favorable, what with GW's small amount for like $11

I use mosly my xacto knife, and water. Always keep the [insert color] stuff wet, otherwise it sticks to everything.

- Cygnus
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

currently for complex items (ie skulls, faces, text/runes, and repeating shapes like chaos marks) i use sculpey clay to make molds (or mold like) and then a 2-part epoxy like green stuff to fill in the mold giving me stuff to use as add ons.
    i use green stuff lightly for model fillers though, got it at my local hobby shop. but for detail work i use generic stuff.
    I can imagine a world without fear, a world without pain, a world without war. And I can imagine conquering that world because they would never see it coming.
    It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only just started with green stuff but I also use toothpicks. Shaped with a scalpel they're very versatile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a combo of Green stuff and milliput. I use a set of wax carving tools i bought from ebay, and my craft knife, and also some burnishers for smooting the putty. I generally use water with the milliput to stop it sticking and tearing, and for smoothing, but I use vaseline when sculpting GS.

Dan
    Think this is good? Rep me and click the star
    <<<<

"You dont start learning until you're stuck or acknowledge your mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I use GS and milliput, (2 grades of the latter, normal for filler and bulk work and superfine for inorganic detail). Believe you can buy GS from its native supplier using the brand name kneadtite or something like that

I use a couple of sculpting tools from hoby stores, part of my missuses manacure set which she has not yet missed, pins, scalpels etc and always water, occasionaly vegetable oil
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only used greenstuff once which i bought from GW (never doing that again). i used sculpting tools that i found in my sisters room. she uses them for normal clay. i also used water a lot.

i just found a site that sells 36" greenstuff for $12.50. but i was wonding if air dry modeling clay is just as good as greenstuff or what? at my local craft shop, they sell a big box of air dry modling clay for $3.50 and its 10x more than the 36" of greenstuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Lord
    i only used greenstuff once which i bought from GW (never doing that again). i used sculpting tools that i found in my sisters room. she uses them for normal clay. i also used water a lot.

i just found a site that sells 36" greenstuff for $12.50. but i was wonding if air dry modeling clay is just as good as greenstuff or what? at my local craft shop, they sell a big box of air dry modling clay for $3.50 and its 10x more than the 36" of greenstuff.
    I wouldn't recommend air dry clay for anything other than scenery or mold making as suggested earlier. Air dry clay will be too brittle and probably won't stick as well. I would also imagine it harder to make very fine details at 30mm scale.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast