Imperial Guard Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Dreadnought

My imperial Guards unit is of a scavaging kind of bunch and fight on the battle field with scavaged and modified weapons and such. I have had this idea of them scavaging a dreadnought and modifying it into a sentinel type. So does that sound like a cool idea or not. Has anybody came across anything like this yet.

Thanks
    M

Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mackdawg
    My imperial Guards unit is of a scavaging kind of bunch and fight on the battle field with scavaged and modified weapons and such. I have had this idea of them scavaging a dreadnought and modifying it into a sentinel type. So does that sound like a cool idea or not. Has anybody came across anything like this yet.

Thanks
    M
    Modelwise, it could work, but fluffwise, unless your 'Guard are a Traitor Legion, it would never work. Space Marines would never let one of their greatest Warriors, dead or alive, be scavenged like that by someone they can get their hands on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think it would come off as Blasphemous for the Imperial guard to take a drednought. It would either be a space marine dred with a space marine in it who would go back to his former commander/chapter, or it would be a chaos dred and that is where the real blasphemy come into play. The only real option would be for it to be an Ork Dred, and chances are that the Guard couldn't get it to work...only the Orks can run Ork things.

I do think it would be nice for a more stable mobile firing platform for the Guard, but labeling it as a dred has too many complications. In summation, Not practical for fluff, but something I would like to be able to select in my army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, a point that I lefted out about them being scavangers. They are scrapping for what they can because they are cut off from supplies by warp storms. So they are in an area of space that is in isolation for the time being.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you could get away with using the body of a dreadnought, or even the legs, but you would have to make some serious conversion to make it a firing platform with an imperial guardsman riding in/on it, and you wouldn't be able to use it's dreadnought close combat weapon, sounds like a cool idea though, i recon that you could cut up the body and maybe add them to a sentinel as armour plates or something like that.
    Strength is knowing your weakness

THIS IS SPARTA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by alktrio; July 24th, 2006 at 12:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thats a cool IG dread. but why? a sentinel is cheaper than a dread? why not go with the sentinel in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been pondering over IG and dreadnoughts for a while now since you started this forum, and here's how i think you could justify it

considering that there's the new Cities of Death....thing going on, maybe an IG transport ship popped out of warp around your troop's location, with a whole swath of new IG tanks

BUT, these tanks aren't really tanks, more like Sentinel/Dreadnought/War-Walker/Killa Kan/Crisis Suit things. i figure that in the whole CoD universe, a walker would be WAY more maneuverable in that tight terrain then a big friggen tank.

idk, IMO i think it would work both model and fluff-wise
    Shoot first....shoot again....annnnnnnnnd shoot some more, cause I think I saw his leg twitch.

Also, very mad props to aerion_the_faitful for making so many damn good drawings, esp. ones of Space Marines (and the one that I use for my Avatar)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alktrio
    This is exactly what i was thinking. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been times when i had played on a very tight terrain board. I mean there was really no room for the tanks. The house rules that we use is that tanks and such can only move through appropiate terrain. The tanks can't move through heavy dense jungles and woods. Thing like that. So my imperial guards are in a bind as it is without the support of the tanks. In cases like that, i use my sentinels and of course they are the first to be targeted and destroy. They are weak against heavy fire so i was thinking maybe a crossover with the dread/sentinel type. It will move like the dread, have thick armor like the dread, and it will give me the fire power of a tank that i would so need. So that is why, i would be more than happy to agree on the cost of a leman russ tank for the dread in situations like that, i mean, i would have paid for the tank in any other battle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast