WIP Wolf Lord pic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

WIP Wolf Lord pic

Quick background on this piece, i'm participating in the Age of Apostasy campaign weekend at warhammer world in september with my space wolves and i'm currently trying to buy and paint all the bits nessecary.

This little wolf lord will be going on ebay, where the funds he raises will be going straight back into the army. This is a great way for me to turn spares into cash to fund my hobby, plus it gives someone the chance to buy part of my space wolf army.

So what you think so far?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tha looks sweet gareth and asusal your painting is spot on( why can't i paint like that :cry: )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Love this one Gareth, great conversion the only thing that catches my eyes is that the haft of the hammer seems too short/light for the head. Apart from that it looks great to me. You are going to have to do the head of the hammer the same way as your crux..........

Two questions though, firstly where did you get the shield? And secondly (it may have been asked before) could you give a reciepe for you space wolf grey. A link would even do....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks lovely man. Very nice. I only have one small suggestion for improvement; put the shield on the left arm. You can't wield a melee weapon and shield on the same arm, it just doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat of vengence
    Just how dark are these angles?
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault failed of success because dead men can advance no further"
    -refering to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at Beaumont-Hamel after they took 90% casualties in the assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

The shield appears to be from the Chaos Marauders Sprue from WHFB, CC.
    Good stuff, as usual Gareth.
    That yellow is so nice.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Great paint work, I think he's coming along well. There are a few areas that are unfinished. If you are going to do snow on his base which fits with Space wolves you could try doing the metalic areas on the model in cold colours. Sliver being the most obvious. This would give a kind of arctic warrior feel to him and help liven him up with an idea of the temperature of where the marine is and not only his temperament.

Again he's got a good paint job. Should fetch a high price on ebay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see it finished. What "general jigger" said about shield and melee weapon is kind of true for me too but it works I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Looks excellent so far mate, painting is superb, 2 Qs leap to mind:

1. where did he get that loofah?

2. do wolf lords play hop scotch?

But clearly jealousy is fueling them
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Answers

1. He stole the loofah from some poncy eldar after watching them partake in their 16th bath that day. he also stole their hand cream and manicure set.

2. He learn't it from the Eldar once he gave back their loofah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    Answers

1. He stole the loofah from some poncy eldar after watching them partake in their 16th bath that day. he also stole their hand cream and manicure set.

2. He learn't it from the Eldar once he gave back their loofah.

ooooooooooo Scarey! you been talking to KUffey again? you do know that hanging around with dwarves will stunt your growth? look at all the other dwarves!
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast