Theme - Touching the Void [Contest] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Theme - Touching the Void [Contest]

Yes, time again for the next contest, the theme for this one was set by the previous winner ChemicalCaveman. And after a chat with him he has a pretty good one, so here it is;

Theme -Touching the Void

The theme of this contest is to do with the stuff of the Void, or Northern Watses if Fantasy. The idea is to paint a miniature that is in some way connected with the Void/Northern Wastes, here are a few examples;

Deamons
    Battlefleet Gothic Ships
    Warp Spiders
    Magicians
    Wraithguard
    Librarians
    Tyranid Synase Creatures
    Mutants

And anything else that can be connected to it, or draw power from it, manipulate it etc Let your mine rove folks!!

[If you unsure of whether or not an mini or concept you desire to enter would be eligable or not please do not hesitate to PM/email me or if you have it catch me on MSN. I'll try to resolve your questions as well as I may.

The contest will end on Thursday 21st Semptember
    The voting will commence on the 22nd September and run until Friday 29th September.

[Note: The reason for the slightly shortened date is that the UK Gamesday event is on the weekend of the 24th, I figured it be prudent to give people a little breather.]

Contest rules.

People entering have two months in which to design, build and paint a single based model to the theme set. Members will be expected to post their pictures which will then be placed into a thread for voting. It is done so that people can improve their skills, and try out things. And purely for fun, there is no prize or anything, just the fun of it. (Maybe a virtual ribbon or something.)

1.) Models from any manufacturer is is allowed, as are scratchbuilds.

2.) There are two months to each project.

3.) Design, conversion, unique colour scheme and original painting techniques are required.

4.) One base (any size) per entry... Multiple models permantely fixed to the single base is allowed. No armies on display boards though.

5.) Models painted within the time frame are looked upon favourably. (It is of course impossible for us to check). Please use this competition to come up with a new idea.

6.) Pictures can be no wider than 600 pixels or a print size of 25cm with 72dpi

7.) Max. Two pictures can be posted. Single pics of multiple views (montages) are allowed.

8.) The organisers of the competition have the right to refuse entry to any applicant if they feel it doesn't meet the criiteria

9.) Voting. It is considered bad sportsmanlike to vote for yourself. You are voting on what you think is the most original, unique, clever conversion with the most groundbreaking painting techniques.

And good luck to all!!

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I think in case some people are a bit confused, for 40k I would see "The Void" as "The Warp" and for WFB to repesent the "Northern Wastes/Winds of Chaos and Warpstone"

Thanks for kuffy for setting up another contest, I hope this one will be as close and with as many good entries as the last one. Get painting...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

OK guys i'm going to break my painting comp cherry on this one with a Blood Angels Librarian (in blue armour - red is too tricky too do well!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Ahh... A reason for me to build a Hive Ship for BFG... Or maybe something from the Northern Wastes... So many choices.
    Will be very intresting to see what people can come up with this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i amight be able to enter this one (if i get my librarian done in time ) hey do deamon hunters count

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Wait, I'm a little confused... could I build and paint up a model using my "The Condemned" army idea, which is chaos-tainted Inquisition? Does that work?
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon Thief
    Wait, I'm a little confused... could I build and paint up a model using my "The Condemned" army idea, which is chaos-tainted Inquisition? Does that work?
    I guess so. The =][= Is counted as a Psyker after all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Sweetness, I was going to be starting on a tzeentch lord on disc conversion in a week or two.
    I can imagine a world without fear, a world without pain, a world without war. And I can imagine conquering that world because they would never see it coming.
    It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Seems to be a pretty hard theme for a Loyalist who does not want to paint a Librarian. I thought about painting a Special Character for the campaign I'm planning to do, but I was not really happy with that. Now I decided on something totally new (at least I have never seen anything comparable) fitting into my overall theme of Ancient Egypt. Would have been a great idea for the last comp as well...
    Sorry, just wanting to make people curious. I will draw some concept art and post it as soon as I'm sure about my project.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

I think I'm pretty much out of this comp. I've got nothing on my table til september except space wolves.

I don't play fantasy, so have nothing from the northern wastes. And warp wise I don't play chaos so nothing there.

Nearest thing i can do is a hive tyrant, but its not converted, and we be painted very basically to fit with my current army.

So its looking likely i'll be ducking out of this one.

Good luck everyone else.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast