feral Ork painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feral Ork painting

I need some help here I have a skin tone for my orks but I need advice on the metal and leather/what ever they would wear. Sorry if I'm vague but I can't quite focus because I'm going on vacation Saturdayand ther is a kitten on my lap scrating at my family jewls:w00t: and:cry:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use lots of muted, earthy colours. if you use brighter colours like reds, use a darker shade and mix in small amounts of similar more muted colours, like browns. this will make your orks look individual but coherent (sp?). for metals add chestnut ink to make it look dirty and rusty, feral orks are scavengers after all. hope it helps.
    You may already know me, you may have met my followers, i am Allah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with blazerox on this one; I find that darker earthier colours typically compliment Orks quite well. If you want a nice, dark brown as a sort of basecoat, then Scorched brown is the way to go. You can then work your way up from there, perhaps to bestial brown, vermin brown and then lastly snakebite leather. Personally I'm a HUGE fan of Bestial Brown, though to some degree it comes to personal preference. I like making Orks have somewhat of a mixed amount and types of browns, with only small details remainging the same across the army (like small amounts of yellow on small bits of cloth to help tie them all together.) You can also give them all the same shade of brown, but that just looks far too orderly for Orks IMHO.

You can also use some other colours, such as greys, greens (though I'd avoid having the same greens as however you painted their skin) and blacks. It all comes to personal taste. Two other colours that really appeal to me is Terracota, which is a more redish brown, and Graveyard Earth, which is a more greyish brown. Mix those both in for parts of the Orks clothing and I think the effect is grand.

Then again many will call me insane, so see what others have to say first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks 2 quick questions 1. will a flesh wash do for the rust and2. what about odd colored animal skins and leathers or scavenged unifroms and could clean weapons be alright I probably will rust them but nothing like a good ole spit'n polish

+ Reply to Thread