Modded Predator Tank - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modded Predator Tank

Hey everyone. This is the preliminary shot of the mod I'm working on for my predator tank. It still needs to be sprayed and painted plus I need to find something to mount it on but it gives you a good idea. Hope you like it,
    Krevzi:w00t:

W-1 L-0 D-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey there, first off, I like it, and I think it looks good.

But I don't think it works as a predator. The description, rules and existing models are really specific about the sponsons, all of the weapons are turret-mounted on this model. and you would be able to shoot in a 360 degree radius at any given time, which is not what the sponsons are intended to be able to do.

I think it would be a great razorback that switch-hits between TLLC/HBs though I don't think it would be tourney legal due to its ambiguity of weaponary(if used as a razorback)
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although the guns are on the turret they are still fired as if they were sponsors. So when I fire the tank's HBs i draw the line of fire from the doors as you normally would. The guns are actually the leftovers of my real pred and i need a way to secure them on the tank and this is the way I went with. I don't think people would botrher me a tourny about it if I explained that they are still sponsors. Thanks for the heads up though, never thought of that.
    Updated photo too

Last edited by blood_angelmarine; July 30th, 2006 at 02:01.

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Cool, I don't think anyone will bother you either if you measured them that way. I'm glad to hear that. A lot of people try to take advantage of creative modeling to bend the rules, in most cases, its acceptable, but sometimes some people can get really creative and really bend the rules.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh i know what it is missing... lascannon generators

but it looks like a cool idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right you are Reflex. I totally forgot about where the Lascanons were going to draw there power from. I think I got some extra bitz that would make a fine generator. Thanks for the idea

W-1 L-0 D-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a good idea. It appears to me that the weapons are glued onto the top of the tank, not making them turret mounted, but rather hull mounted. also the sponsons need to be on the side because of their firing arc.
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

As others have said, not Tourney legal but fine for friendly games. Personnaly it dosen't make a huge difference that the HBs are on the turret as you can only shoot on target, but the real problems like shooting sideways and such.

Otherwise its original to say the least.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although the guns are on the turret they are still fired as if they were sponsors. So when I fire the tank's HBs i draw the line of fire from the doors as you normally would. The guns are actually the leftovers of my real pred and i need a way to secure them on the tank and this is the way I went with. I don't think people would botrher me a tourny about it if I explained that they are still sponsors.

W-1 L-0 D-0

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I read it the first time, I was just expanding on the legality problems if you ever planned on using it in tournaments. I'm just trying to be helpful.

If you want what I think of the conversion in detial, well I think there is still quite a bit that can be done quite easily to help with the realism. Things like Filling in the slots on top of the HB covers and building up behind the Lascannons more and doing something about the 'gunner' that can't see anything. Maybe try bringing the HBs down to the Lascannon's level so it looks liek itwas supposed to be that way.

ect, ect.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast