Another board. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another board.

Made a board for a friend. We are gonna try it out in a few days when i get a few hours to myself.

Made 9 x 1 foot sections, each section is 12 inches square. made some ruble piles and wall section that can be added anywhere on the board so it wont become boring too fast. The crypt in the center has a removable top.

The walls were cut from 1 inch pink foam and same with tthe pillars. I love that stuff!

I based it in black with some sand thrown into the paint, then drybrushed it with dark grey, light grey, light blue then finished it in a light drybrush of white.

Took about a day and a half at work to make. I had a few dead days there so i had to pass the time some how.

Enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Wowwwww that's cool =o

What's your method for carving out the grout between the tiles?
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cut each square of individually then glue them all on with a small gap in between each one. Once the black base coat is on i drybruch it and try to leave the cracks "darker" so it looks like real stones.

When i made my castle, the walls were done the same way. I cut and glued on more than 5000 of the little stinkers. Its a lot of extra work but i love the finished look.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Wow... that's impressive!

Roughly how much does it cost you to build one of these, not counting the day and a half of time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im ashamed to say.

I have a 1 car garage filled with pink stuff that i get free from a construction site. I bring the crew about 10 coffees and in return they give me all the scraps of foam they cant use and just throw out. I loaded up my truck 5 times in one day with pieces that range from pizza box sizes to full sheets that have been cracked.

So the pink stuff costed me about 10 bucks (canadian or so)

Bristol board,( i use for all brick work) costs about 50 cents to about a dollar depending onn where i go. Comes in a 2 x 3 foot sheets mabye.

Paint i get at "dollar stores" so its really cheap. Anywhere from 50 cents to a buck.

For my bases i use something called chip board i think its called. Costs 10 dollars canadian for a 4 x 8 foot sheet. Its 1/8th inch thick

Foam core is the most expensive part. Costs anywhere form 5-9 dollars a sheet depending on who i havent bought out.

I use a "hot glue gun" for the majority of my glue jobs, i bought a case of 1000 sticks a year ago and still have lots left. I forget how much i paid for em but it wasnt much cause i got em wholesale.

I use lots and lots of kitty litter which cost about 5 dollars for a 20kg bag (non-clumping stuff)

For this piece:

Pink stuff: Free
    Paint: approx $3.00
    Glue sticks: approx 50 cents
    Sand for paint: Took from my kids sand box
    Static grass: approx $1.00
    Kitty litter(i screened it so i got it all one size): approx 50 cents

So in total for this piece it costed approximatly 5 dollars canadian to make.

Ive been making terrain since i was 4 years old, im 32 now, my Dad showed me a ton of tricks and stuff. Took a break from it for a lot of years though because my life got turned upside down and then got flushed down the toilet for a while but when i got married things settled down. So now im getting back into the swing of making stuff again.

+ Reply to Thread