W.I.P. Valkyries of the Omnissiah Female Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

W.I.P. Valkyries of the Omnissiah Female Space Marines

Here's the first model. I've been fiddling with the idea for years, and I finally found a way to make a female space marine in power armor using only GW parts that I'm happy with. Here is the culmination of that work:

Some Quick Fluff Notes:
    The Valkyries of the Omnissiah are Space Marines. They are modified from regular human females using geneseed just like other chapters, except that their geneseed only works on females. They are not something that "Counts As" Space Marines.

The Background for them is that the two missing legions and their primarchs were female during the great crusade. During the Heresy, they remained loyal to the Emperor, but were nearly destroyed during the conflict.
    Rouberte Guilleman was many things. A brilliant tactical commander, a keen administrator, and an immovable chauvinist. With his unique position of power following the heresy, he had an opportunity to reshape the Imperium as he saw fit. There would be no place for female astartes in his new empire, and the survivors from the two female legions were killed, their names expunged from all records, and their remaining geneseed stocks ordered destroyed.
    It was only after this display of ruthlessness that the remaining primarchs consented to have their legions broken up into chapters. They could see that Guilleman would go to any length to see his plans implemented.

The story might have ended there, but the Adpetus Mechanicus of Mars have always followed their own agenda. Guilleman ordered all geneseed stocks on mars moved to terra, in order to limit the power of the mechanicus, and commanded any remaining female geneseed destroyed. Under the threat of war, the Fabricator General handed over the remaining stocks of male geneseed, but sealed sealed away the stocks of female geneseed instead of destroying them, into endless vaults of the red planet.

Ten millenia later, The Adeptus Mechanicus of Mars has determined that the Imperium is too weak to survive, and has begun a military build up that will culminate in the destruction of the Adeptus of Terra.
    As the determined date approaches, the vaults of mars have been unsealed, and the geneseed of the lost legions is being used, in secret, to create genetically modified warriors that can match the Adeptus Astartes in the coming war.
    The Valkyries of the Omnissiah are a shadow force that answer only to the Fabricator General of Mars. Only those highest in the Machine Cult hierarchy even know of it's existence. It's deployment is always preceded by a communications blockout that masks their involvement and limits the possibility of exposure. Nevertheless, rumors have circulated from time to time, and the fear of their discovery prematurely triggering the inevitable war between mars and terra means that they are deployed only under the most dire of circumstances.

A few technical notes:
    Their Mark XI power armor utilizes newer materials developed from STC fragments unearthed in the catecombs beneath Diab. Consequently the armor is thinner and lighter then bulky ceremite plates, but provides nearly identicle ballistic and energy wepaon protection.

The model you see her carries a brace of Ion Pistols. A weapon developed specially for the Female Astartes. While comparable to a Bolt weapon in strength and armor penetration, it is superior in that its power cells can last several years before they need to be replaced. Consequently, The Valkyries of the Omnissiah do not suffer the limitations of ammunition resupply that their male counterparts do.

Female Space Marines have a muscle tissue vastly different then that of a normal astartes. During the development of geneseed, it was found that the simultaneous muscle twitch fiber that had been developed would deteriorate when exposed to the hormone balance in a male astartes, so that part of the project was abandoned, and male astartes were modified to have larger muscles instead. The simultaneous twitch fibers, however, could be sustained in a female astartes hormone balance, and their geneseed still contains this powerful modification. Subsequently, female astartes have comparable strength to their male counterparts, but do not require a large musclebound physique.

Enjoy, everybody

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

S'mor pics

Here's the first full squad:

Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Nice Conversions.
    Yuck to the fluff.
    Avoid the missing legions. AVOID.

But good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I love your models. How long did it take you to find the parts that you wanted to make them? Now I am no Fluff master or even care if people come up with fluff for their armies. I have this feeling that some to most will label you a heretic and want some marines whos symbol is the book and sword to show up to your door step and take you out. Then again it is your army do what you want.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    I love your models. How long did it take you to find the parts that you wanted to make them?
    It seriously took me four years, off and on, of fiddling before I found a combination I was happy with.:wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

258 (x5)

I'm in agreement with Camel. Those models are really nice. The different pieces go well together and I really like what you have done with the pistols. Really good conversions.

However the fluff, whilst well thought out, doesn't really fit. The arguement as to whether there are female space marines is one that constantly pops up and incites lots of difference of opinion. I don't want to start a huge fluff debate on this again, as this is not the place, so I'm not going to say any more on that As Camel said - the missing legions are bad place to go to.

Perhaps you could use them in an SoB army, or as SoB allies to another Imperial army. When painted they are definatly going to turn some heads Regardless of how you portray them so it's up to you at the end of the day.

Could you tell me what used - I wouldn't mind giving these a go myself sometime in the future. Brill conversions mate, good job!

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle in Gothic Female Assault Terminators
    Rule 1: No female Space Marines. It's up there with Dark Age weapons and the Lost Primarchs. Big no-no; it's a fluff error and it usually makes for pretty terrible fluff anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus in Gothic Female Assault Terminators
    I know! Let's combine all three! The lost Primarchs were female, and the Emperor had two Legions of female super-warriors. But, after the Heresy, the High Lords of Terra, a bunch of old white men (surprise surprise), being MASSIVELY sexist, destroyed every trace of them, INCLUDING how to make female Space Marines, scattered them to the four corners of the Galaxy, and let them be forgotten. Their Primarchs retained the technology to make more somehow however, and they have secret Founding facilities across the Imperium. Every time the Ordo Hereticus destroys one, they blame it on a Slaaneshi cult, if they say anything at all- who's gonna mess with a creepy guy in a trenchcoat and a funny hat holding a glowing stake and a cooker-pistol? The Inquisitor might even believe what he says.
    Wow, I was only being sarcastic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by rp252
    Could you tell me what used - I wouldn't mind giving these a go myself sometime in the future. Brill conversions mate, good job!

Cheers,
    Rich.
    Glad you like 'em.

Here's the bitz breakdown:

Hair: Ork top-knot
    Head: Mordheim Amazon
    Torso and legs: Dark Elf Warrior
    Arms: Space Marine Scout
    Backpack: Forgeworld Elysian Grav Chute
    Pistols: Plasma Pistols with Kroot Rifle Barrels
    Heavy Weapon: Plasma Pistols with Epic Knight Battle Cannon
    Special Weapon: Plasma Pistols with Flamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant! I love the models and the fluff. Keep up the good work, and make sure we see some pics when they are finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat of vengence
    Just how dark are these angles?
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault failed of success because dead men can advance no further"
    -refering to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at Beaumont-Hamel after they took 90% casualties in the assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

These models are great looking. I can't wait to see them painted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast