Repainting my 'Tearers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Repainting my 'Tearers.

Hi all. I've decided that I'm unhappy with my Flesh Tearers army when it comes to the looks department. I've decided that I want to repaint the entire army (yes, all 3000 points of it ) so that it looks better.

I'm not interested in having Golden Daemon standard models, as they're painted to game with, not be display pieces.

My current problem is trying to find a red that will give me that dark(ish) red armor. See page 31 of How to Paint Space Marines for an idea, as I'm having zero luck finding any online pictures... There's also a picture of them in Codex: Blood Angels.

Is it Red Gore with Red Ink on top? I tried Blood Red, and it really doesn't look right. If anyone could shed some light on how to achieve this shade, I'd be really greatful. Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Scab Red is a nice dark red.

Highlight with a tiny bit of Blood Red/Scab Red mix and it should look nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

How about red gore with a bit of blood red to make it a bit lighter

I wanted to post a pic of a marine that had red gore that i did on the army painter but the file was 700k

So have a go yourself
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...h%2Dpainter/1/
    Last edited by KOS-MOS; July 31st, 2006 at 23:03.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Scab red mixed with a touch of purple ink for your base color would probably work nice. You could then highlight up with scab red by itself and then red gore, maybe a bit of blood red at the highest parts. That should give you a nice rich dark red.

Post some pictures so we can get an idea where you are at.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

^ sound plan.

If you don't want to be mixing paints too much, I'va had a bit of success using the following techniques, but it was on (obviously organic) tyranids, and I don't know how good it would be for armour.
    Anyway:
    White undercoat
    Scab Red basecoat
    Black glaze (heavily water some black paint down (about 5:1 water:paint, but more is better), you just want this to collect in the gaps, tinting everything)
    Red Gore layered on the raised areas (may need two or more coats)
    Blood Red highlight (I mixed Blood Red and Red Gore for my 'nids, but a sharper highlight will probably work better with SM)

Probably a bit long-winded, but once you start a production line, it's ok :yes:

Definately let us know how you do!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread