Some things I've been working on... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Some things I've been working on...

Here's a few models I've been working on, for critique and whatever ^_^

Razorback for a friend -- edit: apparerntly it's very realistically rusty, and not muddy like I was trying to do... oh well, rust > mud anyway XD

And Lord Kroq-Gar, which is one of my favorite GW models... some work left to be done on the base, I think, and you can't really tell by the pic but it's little pools of water effects that the grass is coming out of (sorry for huge pic XD)...

And here's another of him and some armless skinks:

Battlesuits and Fire Warriors, with my new paint scheme... particularly excited about the one in the middle, who will have a better stand once I finish him (but is supposed to be diving at something or flying superman-style) --

Tell me what you think :w00t:

Last edited by The Salmon Thief; August 3rd, 2006 at 00:14.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I think the pics make the whole thing a bit hard to see ST, as they are very grainy. I can tell you that I like the mud/rust effect on the rhino though. It does look like there is too much of it, like the rhino has been destroyed and left and the battlefield for a year or two. If I were you I might scale it down a little bit.

The new tau colour scheme looks interesting too, even though its a bit hard to make out.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

I like the rhino alot, reminds me of the cars here in my state. Should get like a redneck model, pull a bubble above saying "it git a hemi".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Why can't I see them? They are just teeny tiny icons to me.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

I have yet to master my camera; I have figured out how to get it to take good pics without blurring however not without being really dark (so i have to digitally enhance them, thus the grain), and flash makes things too bright

@Jon: I dunno :l
    Last edited by The Salmon Thief; August 2nd, 2006 at 18:15.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

I love the Rhino! The Carnesour is kind of hard to see, but what I can see is good. Great work, keep it up.

Doom out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I too like the rust on the rhino. You have captured a very realistic feel with it. The poses on your tau look interesting.

Paintwise for the rest - not quite sure about the rest of the paintjob. It is neat but looks flat. Hard to really tell with the dark pictures. Definitely not bad.

Again - great job with the rust. I think you have really captured the feel there.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread