Second Squad of Valkyries of the Omnissiah Female Space Marines done - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Second Squad of Valkyries of the Omnissiah Female Space Marines done

My thanks to everyone who posted on the threads so far. The second squad is now complete. The pics of the first squad are still up for anyone who wants to check them out in the other thread.
    To distinguish this squad from the last one, I gave them a different kind of weapon, which I'm calling a Blaster. Think of it as a double-barreled high-yield laser weapon that has the exact same stats as a boltgun.
    Sonce the feedback from the first squad was that the hair was too big, I gave this squad a much more realistic amount of hair. I am particularly fond of these heads, because the hair is excellently scultped. If you look closely, you'll notice that there's even a hair-stick in there to hold the bun together.

Enjoy.

P.S. I'll repost their fluff here for anyone who didn't check out the other threads, as I've found that it helps view the models in context.

Some Quick Fluff Notes for those who missed the last thread:
    The Valkyries of the Omnissiah are Space Marines. They are modified from regular human females using geneseed just like other chapters, except that their geneseed only works on females. They are not something that "Counts As" Space Marines.

The Background for them is that the two missing legions and their primarchs were female during the great crusade. During the Heresy, they remained loyal to the Emperor, but were nearly destroyed during the conflict.
    Rouberte Guilleman was many things. A brilliant tactical commander, a keen administrator, and an immovable chauvinist. With his unique position of power following the heresy, he had an opportunity to reshape the Imperium as he saw fit. There would be no place for female astartes in his new empire, and the survivors from the two female legions were killed, their names expunged from all records, and their remaining geneseed stocks ordered destroyed.
    It was only after this display of ruthlessness that the remaining primarchs consented to have their legions broken up into chapters. They could see that Guilleman would go to any length to see his plans implemented.

The story might have ended there, but the Adpetus Mechanicus of Mars have always followed their own agenda. Guilleman ordered all geneseed stocks on mars moved to terra, in order to limit the power of the mechanicus, and commanded any remaining female geneseed destroyed. Under the threat of war, the Fabricator General handed over the remaining stocks of male geneseed, but sealed sealed away the stocks of female geneseed instead of destroying them, into endless vaults of the red planet.

Ten millenia later, The Adeptus Mechanicus of Mars has determined that the Imperium is too weak to survive, and has begun a military build up that will culminate in the destruction of the Adeptus of Terra.
    As the determined date approaches, the vaults of mars have been unsealed, and the geneseed of the lost legions is being used, in secret, to create genetically modified warriors that can match the Adeptus Astartes in the coming war.
    The Valkyries of the Omnissiah are a shadow force that answer only to the Fabricator General of Mars. Only those highest in the Machine Cult hierarchy even know of it's existence. It's deployment is always preceded by a communications blockout that masks their involvement and limits the possibility of exposure. Nevertheless, rumors have circulated from time to time, and the fear of their discovery prematurely triggering the inevitable war between mars and terra means that they are deployed only under the most dire of circumstances.

A few technical notes:
    Their Mark XI power armor utilizes newer materials developed from STC fragments unearthed in the catecombs beneath Diab. Consequently the armor is thinner and lighter then bulky ceremite plates, but provides nearly identicle ballistic and energy wepaon protection.

Female Space Marines have a muscle tissue vastly different then that of a normal astartes. During the development of geneseed, it was found that the simultaneous muscle twitch fiber that had been developed would deteriorate when exposed to the hormone balance in a male astartes, so that part of the project was abandoned, and male astartes were modified to have larger muscles instead. The simultaneous twitch fibers, however, could be sustained in a female astartes hormone balance, and their geneseed still contains this powerful modification. Subsequently, female astartes have comparable strength to their male counterparts, but do not require a large musclebound physique.

Also note that, while Valkyries are much taller then the average human female, they are shorter then their male astartes counterparts, with a much slimmer build.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

and you have even come up with new special weapons too!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like them sorry but what exactly makes em mariney?, seriously guardian defenders look more heavily armoured than that lot and the cost in time and resources... i mean really how much money did ya spend tracking down all fe-male dark elf torsoes woodelf heads all those scout arms and pads and plasma pistols and are they also lasgun parts AND ELYSIAN DROP PACKS christ those alone would've set you back immensly

i'll back off and let your fans praise you again but seriously dude it would've been easier, cheaper to use sisters and convert them prob would've looked better too
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_00
    seriously dude it would've been easier, cheaper to use sisters and convert them prob would've looked better too
    Have you ever tried to convrt sisters of battle? Trust me, they are some of the most difficult models to convert in all of 40K. I tried several methods during my test phase, and they all turned out horribly.
    As to why I did it. Because I didn't want a mundane army, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I like these better than the first squad. About all I can think of to say is that they look too slender, but if you're really trying to make them look feminine you're probably stuck with that. If you sculpted the things out of green stuff and bulked them out more, which would be a little nuts, you'd end up having female space marines that look just like... male space marines. More realistic, but certainly defeating the idea of having something unique looking.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've seen another type of fe-male marine army before he used regular marine models but gave em all boobs.... looked quite good actually although the eagle was very commical
    Last edited by Plague_00; August 3rd, 2006 at 03:26.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

continuing..again

This batch looks even better than the last! However, I love arguing my point so here I go again. If the Emperor would have commissioned a female geneseed created he wouldn't be able to use his X chromosome, because if he did they would have to duplicate it, causing defects and such. He would have to find a superhuman female to donate the second X chromosome, and I'm assuming they weren't around so much. Also, the Primarchs were started as identical clones I believe, but they grew adaptations depending on their landing site (they were distributed to their respective homeworlds by pods) or were mutated by the warp or something. On top of this, I enjoy the whole cyborg women who are just as good as SMs better than FSMs. That really fits in better with the whole Mars thing anyway. But hey, its your army, and you deserve the ability to make whatever the heck you want up because of how awesome those models are.

+ Reply to Thread