Plasma guns for IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plasma guns for IG

Converting plasma guns. How do you do it? I've got close to no money and a need for lots of plasma guns. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

try bwbits.com for a reasonably cheap site, other than that, there have been a few threads, but they were a little confusing, sorry mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well, find yourself a friend who plays Space Wolves or something of the kind and pilfer all his plasma pistols (I seriously have like 20 of the things, I've used...2) Then it is possible to combine two of the pistols (or even three) to get something that looks like a plasma gun. My first try was rather messy and greenstuff is needed to fill in any gaps but it can be done. Good luck.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

You could go to the trading forum on LO and see if anybody wants to trade something for plasma guns.

A simple conversion would be to cut the barrel off a lasgun (right where the furniture ends) and replace with with the domed end of a plasma pistol. With a bit of green stuff to fill in the gaps and replaceing the power pack with a green-stuffed plasma bottle (or even some sort of converted backpack power pack t + ammo tube) could make a quite reasonable plasma gun. You just need a ready supply of plasma pistols.

If you live in the UK I could send you some of the plasma pistols, but I havn't got loads spare.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I'm in the US, I have some SM assault plasma pistols though. So I'll try sometinhg with those.

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How putting wooden dowling in a pencil sharpener to get a cone shape, then gluing the resulting cone to the back end of a lasgun. You can also make spare missiles and mortar shells this way.

+ Reply to Thread