Savage ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Savage ork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savage ork

http://www.coolminiornot.com/129978
    Comments and vote welcome!

My gallery in Coolminiornot there

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Correct me if I am wrong but it appears that you are simply fishing for votes. I think you stuff is way over voted on Cool Mini Or Not. I don't think you are a bad painter but I don't think your work deserves the 8's they are getting.

This particular figure is rather plain. The white on the banner looks unfinished and you can see the background through it. The skin looks undershaded. Overall neat and tidy though. I would give it a 7 highest.

Maybe next time you post you would consider maybe talking a bit how you painted something and contribute to this forum a bit more than just linking to another site and vote fishing.

Sorry this sounds harsh - just my thoughts! Stick around and provide some interesting content to this site.

Cheers,

-Mike
    Last edited by slorak; August 10th, 2006 at 08:07.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I extremely badly speak on english. Therefore I do not participate in public discussions is would look very ridiculously, for example as now. But I often read this forum and that gives me many new ideas.

As to my work. I agree with criticism. My paints leave much to be desired. In the near future I plan to update them.
    Once again I`m sorry for my English. To me it is important yours comments and votes, it gives me additional stimulus for work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I understand what you have said - the web is a world market I guess. Stay awhile and contribute your thoughts - I know I won't throw you out! There are some English native speaking people on these forums that spell and gramatically butcher worse than you did!!! :w00t:

I think your basing is good and it really looks like you have the fundimentals down and you aren't afraid to try new things. Judging from what I remember from some of your other figures you paint some of the miniature outstanding but seem to loose steam as a whole. I couldn't guess if you were getting bored and wanting to move on or were only trying a new technique on a portion of the figure and that is all... Maybe more focus on the miniature as a whole will yield you better results.

I think your best part of this miniature is the rock he is standing on. Though the static grass looks a bit rushed and flat (I think I can see dried glue). I don't thing the writing on the banner is helping anything. Like I said before the miniature is neat and clean and that is a big part of the battle!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for comments! It is simple work for my brother. It will soon participate in tournament and asked to paint for it the good ork. Night work above a miniature precisely has not gone to it on advantage

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

i'm from England... and he types better then me!

I liked your piece. I gave it a 7. Areas to improve on would be the skin looked way to chalky. To highlight green mix yellows AND white into your base colour. Also some depth and dark shading would have made the skin pop.

Please post more. We're a friendly bunch... honest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

it´s an nice model so i am giving it an 7 and your english is good so keep it coming

Oh and welkom to LO may your paint be with you

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

+ Reply to Thread