Vostroyan Officer conversion... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vostroyan Officer conversion...

With the release of the Vostroyans i finally have my answer for a set of infantry figs to finish off my mechanized IG army that will have the "soviet" flavor i am looking for.

I like to always convert my HQ figs so I set about making this Vostroyan officer conversion to use as my HQ. The top half if from the fantasy Kisselvite Bear rider guy. Legs and top of hat from a vostroyan fig. Various plastic bits and a little greenstuff work(not my specialty to be sure)

I wanted to represent his master crafted plasma pistol and also his trademark item(the bearskin cloak) and so forth as well as his bionics and carapace armour as well.

I still need to blend/hide the join at the waste some more but the basic fig is completed so i was just curious what everyone's impression was of it:

Last edited by Da Butcha of Bavgad; August 10th, 2006 at 22:51.
    Connecticut Ultimate Wargaming Club:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CTUWC/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Looken good! Just don't forget to file off the mold line on the axe!. Can't wait to see it painted.

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

You do need to take a look at those plastic parts and try to get rid of the mould lines. There are some on the axe (as doomthought said) but also the armoured shoulder pad, the pistol and it's scope, and the belt pouches. It shouldn't take more than two minutes to get rid of these. You also need to do some work to the base. The green stuff work is pretty good, and I like the fact you've used the Kislev guy for the torso.

I think he looks crazy. The look really suits him IMO. An old, grizzled veteran who refuses to duck, but stands bravely in the face of enemy fire, calmly downing the hated xenos/heretics with careful shots from his plasma pistol. The look on his face looks as if he is singing an Imperial Hymn as he slays his foes

I think this guy is going to look great when painted up. Post some pics when he is finished, I would like to see how he turns out.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of your points are well taken. The plastic parts will indeed get cleaned up and I plan to do urban rubble on the bases.

I was just happy with the general fit and pose after first doing basic assembling on him and wanted to get a few opinions on the overall concept and pose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

he looks cool, but somehow i think the top half is a little too big for the bottom half...maybe its just me but i hey he still pretty cool
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Toast_
    he looks cool, but somehow i think the top half is a little too big for the bottom half...maybe its just me but i hey he still pretty cool

I know many men in real life who's "top half" is too big for their "bottom half"...

Big barrel chest/spare tire gut and bow legs is sadly not all that uncommon my friend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it look more like he's got really puffy shirt on ...:shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarissa
    i think it look more like he's got really puffy shirt on ...:shifty:
    armoured chest carapaces, bear fur cloaks and giant fuzzy hats are not known to make you look slim...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Butcha of Bavgad
    armoured chest carapaces, bear fur cloaks and giant fuzzy hats are not known to make you look slim...
    I don't know about that , mine make me look like i lost 10kg ....:shifty:

+ Reply to Thread