Snowy City / Inquisitorial Palace Board WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Snowy City / Inquisitorial Palace Board WIP

Well, with my other board only having to have a few last touches done to it, I've decided to embark on a new project. I've thrown around a lot of ideas, and decided I either wanted to have a CoD board, a snowy landscape board, or a Lustria board. Snowy landscape was discarded for redundancy, but I liked the idea of snow. So I decided to do a CoD board, with snow, plus an old idea I had about an Inquisitorial Palace board, which will actually be an Inquisitorial Palace taken over by my chaos-tainted DH army =o

So, going through many basic CoD board layouts and having trouble with road placement every time (i.e., they either didn't work right on an 8x4 or looked too plain/boring), I just took my plans and turned them sideways. Should make for rather interesting and confusing gameplay. All the buildings, of course, will be modular, and maybe the palace too, but I doubt it. I plan on putting a lot of work into this, making all the roads look cobbled, actually pouring plaster sidewalk curbs, etc... the finished effect should look very realistic. :yes:

So, without further ado, here are the final digital plans for the board:

(too big for LO, click here.)

So... comments? Concerns? :w00t:

Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good. The only thing i would reccomend is maybe a more defensive wall structure around the palace (other than just a fence), and the odd watchtower here and there with or without a fixed gun. Otherwise, looks pretty good.
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ideas?

i always make small circular sandbag bunkers at some of the corners of the buildings for cover while fighting in the roads/streets....just throwin that out there

AM I THE ONLY NERD WHO PLAYS FOOTBALL!!!!!!

40k= Crimson Fists, Kroot Mercenaries, Harkoni Helldivers
    Blood Bowl= Orks, Humans, Ogres, Lizardmen

Go to www.mcsmstudios.com for a hearty laugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

Yeah, I've got some of those now, painted up to fit my desert board. Amazing what cool things you can find in the airplane/WWII/civil war model section of hobby stores ^_^
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

How do you have the storage for all of these boards!!!

Interesting idea. Personally I like the idea of an overcrowded hive city. Probably not as functional but visually interesting. Are you going to have multiple levels in this city?

I look forward to seeing some pictures of its progress!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x2)

You mean, have buildings and stuff? Definitely. I'm planning on getting 2-3 Imperial Sector boxes, starting with 4 tall buildings in the center, then smaller ones going out from there. So it will actually look like a city core... except ruined and stuff, of course. Plus snow. I'm excited about this

The Inquisitorial Palace, though, won't be multi-story. It'll be more like a plaza, except walled in with some ruined sections for entry besides the main doors, so it won't be that much of a fire lane or anything. I like it because it makes it less of a pure CoD board, plus then I have to buy less CoD buildings =D

I've got a fairly spacious area to work in, and when I not using board(s) I just turn them sideways and lean them against a wall *shrug*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

I love the layout.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I'm currently adding to my COD table as well.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Is there any progress on this? I would love to see some pics! I also bought a ruined Cathedral from one of the scenery makers here in States - would work nicely for your board, and this is why... I am organizing a CoD battle next month with about 2000-3000pts per side and I am tempted to use something similar to your design - I could be your game-tester if I decide to go with it and let you knwo how it played :w00t:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitorial palace?
    Sounds great.

But as mentioned before try to keep in mind the standard architecture that would be used in an imperial city like this.
    Large, strong and simply bulky buildings.
    In addition, a fence would simply be a laugh in the face of the inquisition. These guys need walls, huge, strong walls.
    Try imagining old prisons combined with modern security measures.
    Thic Alcatraz combined with electric fences and surveilance cameras.

Imperial bunkers are a must for a piece like this
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

+ Reply to Thread