Converison for Daemonic Power (Read New Members) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Converison for Daemonic Power (Read New Members)

Things that should or does not need to be model:
    Daemon Armor: No
    Daemonic Aura: No
    Daemon Chains: No
    Daemonic Essence: No
    Daemonic Fire: No
    Daemonic Flight: Yes
    Daemonic Mutation: yes
    Daemonic Resilience: No
    Daemonic Rune: No
    Daemonic Speed: Yes
    Daemonic Stature: Yes, model using 40mm base
    Daemonic Steed: Obviously
    Daemonic Talons: Yes
    Daemonic Venom: Yes
    Daemonic Visage: No

Those with "No" can still be model for fun.

Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; August 17th, 2006 at 02:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah well flight i think should be modeled but if ya don't like wings then jumpacks are a cheap option and strength, mutation and resilience can be passed off by extra training, daemon armour is no different to power armour like artificer armour there really is no difference bar the quality

i agree with most of what you said bar d.speed i beleive it should be moddeled but the manner in which is totally open i actually use wings (the initial 6 is him gaining speed the d6 is him struggling to take off and the 12 inch is the actual flight) otherwise some sort of beast legs such as snake body if slanesh maybe a centigor body if ur khorne should be used
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I think all *should* be modelled.

Some you can get away with, like daemonic essence, or daemonic aura (which still could be represented)

Daemonic speed I think should definitely be shown on model, as it says so in the codex, under the description of the gift.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

This is what I am talking about and drives me nuts, it all relative. Just let it be. The guide lines I have put up are fair enough. As for the D. Speed thing, omg leave it alone. I am not going to chop up a model so you can make sure it represent D. Speed, D. Flight yes, D. Speed NO. Long limps? Sigh... I don't care more. As for you Astantia, you believe all should be modelled? LOL, show me a model with D. Aura or D. Fire or D. Visage for that matter. Somethings cannot be modelled.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

The thing about converting your model to show his gifts is a thing about fairness. If I'm sure my opponent knows what gifts each of my models has, then there should be no need to play without modeling - In friendly games.
    Tournaments however are much stricter on WYSIWYG and a completely different cup of tea.
    If I was to lpay another Chaos army and my opponent had not modelled D.speed and had not told me about the Lt/Lord having it but it came to me as a surprise... I would be a pit frustrated. If he told me and was carefull to point the model out during deployment - no problem. I would however consider it (D.speed-no converting) as proxying.

In a tournament I do think you should model it, same for D. mutation. How you model it is up to you as long as it fits the description in the Codex and your opponent has a fair chance of understanding it without asking - WYSIWYG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

do you know how ridiculous a mighty lord of chaos/daemon prince looks with an extra long pair of legs? I say no to daemonic speed.

I always thought it was fun to model wings onto him and say its speed. All you need to tell your opponent is that he flies like a chicken. He can't actually fly he just flaps around a bit.

Daemonic mutation doesnt need representing due to the following reasoning:

I could spill a bit of green paint on my lord and claim it is a man eating fungus, there we go he has mutation. See how ridiculous and petty that can get?

Steed should obviously be represented at all times.

The only thing I disagree with is that daemonic chains should always be represented. If you don't model it you could hide which squad was the daemonhost. Chains are meant to remove this advantage and its plain unfair if you dont have them. Unless of course you tell your opponent who the daemonhost is.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    I could spill a bit of green paint on my lord and claim it is a man eating fungus, there we go he has mutation. See how ridiculous and petty that can get?
    Fungus...I thought that would represent Daemonic Flight
    I know one can use logic to avoid modelling Gifts, but this goes for all of them. "He can levitate, but right now he's standing" or "he's on fungus, it makes him stronger...tougher...more evil looking". Man, fungus can do a lot to you...

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    do you know how ridiculous a mighty lord of chaos/daemon prince looks with an extra long pair of legs?
    Just as rediculous as the modeller makes him look I guess.
    There are other ways to represent Speed then the long legs though, on this board I've come across many very good and quite a few humerous ways that has nothing to do about the lengt of the model's legs.

All I'm saying is that your opponent should have a decent chance of understandig some of the gifts your models has. Those who are crucial for him to know to be able to use his tactical skills to counter our gifts. Speed is such a thing.
    Others are of a less tactical nature, D.strength or D.fire, they won't wreck any plans. "Oh NOOO two S4 shooting attacks, I had no clue he was able to do that!!!, darn, there goes my plan."
    But as always, if your opponent knows what gifts you are using and it's OK with him then I most certainly will not condemn you.
    But to post as an guideline that you don't have to model it eventhough it's specified in the codex, is IMHO just not fair to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    This is what I am talking about and drives me nuts, it all relative. Just let it be. The guide lines I have put up are fair enough. As for the D. Speed thing, omg leave it alone. I am not going to chop up a model so you can make sure it represent D. Speed, D. Flight yes, D. Speed NO. Long limps? Sigh... I don't care more. As for you Astantia, you believe all should be modelled? LOL, show me a model with D. Aura or D. Fire or D. Visage for that matter. Somethings cannot be modelled.
    If you give your models demonic speed but do not model it, then you must be sure to tell your opponants which models have demonic speed. If you don't, then you are breaking the rules, because the point of WYSIWYG is that your opponant should be able to tell from looking at the model that it is able to move that fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

This is where it makes me angry there are certain upgrades that seem that would give you a 12'' assault move but they don't. If you have problem with me doing speed, on the guy and you didnt ask what powers, find another opponent.

RELATIVE PEOPLE, ALL RELATIVE. Plus as for the chains, I believe its in the ethereal sense.
    Read the description.

As for speed, yeah whatever I give up on it. Thank god I use a stature prince and don't have to model half the junk people want to see.

As for mutation and Talons, I model one and count them either or both, tip for you budget modelers.

Lets face it, some people can't model stuff well or simply don't have the time or want to spend the MONEY. If its something like Daemonic flight, I always tell my opponent. Speed no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

visage can be modeled easily, take something that can strike fear into enemies (slaanesh sword arm because of the shoulder) Even a oversized weapon can look scary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast