City of Death Battle Mat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City of Death Battle Mat

I do not know (but believe) this is the right section to post this question.

What comments can anyone give concerning the city of death battle mat. 2 people gave brief comments on it. One said it was okay, an other said it was cheap.

The question is, can anyone give a more detail review? Does it hold up (quality of materails), does it look good? Pictures? How does it play?

Thanks

JerryB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it worth it - Yes

I have a COD battle mat.

It is made of thick paper / card and has a glossy finish.

It comes in a large cardboard tube which is handy to keep it in.

I have played on it a few times. When unrolled you will need something to keep the corners down, but after a while it will settle flat.

I have a 6 x 4 ft playing table and the mat sits inside it so is slightly smaller than 6 x 4.

The mat is obviously flat but has a street plan of sorts along with pavements (sidewalks) and craters.

I have made my own craters, the size of a CD, made from paper mache and sand and they fit well over the pictured craters on the mat.

Buildings can be placed on a number of areas of pavement.

I like it. It makes a change from the green baize I normally set my scennery up on.

I would say it is worth having, especially if you haven't the room to store a proper 'hard' board which would be painted and textured.

Be careful about puting sharp objects on the mat. Leaning on it with elbows may mark the mat, it depends how hard the surface is underneath.

Hope this helps.

Ian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found it is good quality, adds a bit more intrest to your games. With the edges rolling up i found thatt if you roll it back into the tube the opposite way to the way you get it then because it tries to fold the opposite way when you play on it, it lies flat on its own.

+ Reply to Thread