Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
My conversion of a Cadian Shock Trooper into a Stormtroopers
1. From a spare lasgun (lots in the heavy weapon sprue) cut off the barrle end and glue it upside down and below the lasgun of the model to be converted. You can file the bottom ends slightly. This will give a beefier barrel.
2. Use the Helmetted head with the mouth cover (probably intended for the flamer).
3. Using blue-tac, take a very small blob and place it on the elbows and knees. By careful shaping you will give the impression of extra armour. Paint over the blue-tac. I have used the same principle to model berets on my Hardened Vets. Because handling is very limited in these areas and as the blue-tac is very thin it stands up to handling very well. None of mine have yet been damaged.
4. Using a Vox pack, reshape it by removing the antenae, loop ariael etc and make it into a backpack. A cable will run from the lasgun to this. Use 2 utility pouches from the cadian et to stick each side of the backpack as pouches.
5. Use wire, guitar string etc to go from the lasgun magazine to the backpack.
6. Using the binos in the heavy weapon set, cut off one eye piece and stick it on the helmet covering the left eye to indicate a sight system.
7. Using the weapon sight that comes with the heavy weapons spues, use this as a weapon sight.
Photos at http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/album/3740975
Hope this is helpfull to someone.
Interesting, and surprisingly effective. Sooner or later I'll need a load of stormtroopers to go with my grey knights. Would these work out as cheaper than the standard variety, or the Kasrkin boxed set?
Well, as far as I remember, the price for a Ksarkin box is the same as a Cadian box. However, in the Ksarkin are 10 models and in the later enough parts to assemble 20.
Minus the small extras from the heavy weapons sprue, but that can be helped with greenstuff.
ok, a few notes i took
the karskin box is 40$ US, while the Cadian box is only 35$
those models do look good, but are laking all of the armour, karskins are covered in it, not just having elbow and knee pads, though if you exteded it, putting more on in different areas it would be good
if you are refering to sticky tack when you say blue-tac (the putty like substance that many modelers use to look at different positioning for the models they are building)then you must never touch your models, for it leaves finger prints, and never hardens, so it may even fall off of the model
and one last thing, the helmet that covers most of the face is for the vox caster, so he can talk into the vox while still being able to use his hands
Nice idea. I would do another set of armour on the thighs as well and something on the pelvis to.
Oh and I would use greenstuff instead of blue-tac...