Your worst painted models... the models you wish you could forget about! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Your worst painted models... the models you wish you could forget about!

Post pics of those models you painted that you really don't like, or models that you painted years ago and have improved upon since...

Here are 2 of mine i photographed with you guys. Comments and crits are welcome but remember this is to lighten the mood of the forum.

The gretchen/grot was painted in 1994, the ganger i think late 1995/6

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

All I can find, the rest have been exterminated by the Inquistion. Ba***... NOOOO!!! *dragged away*

:tongue:

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i First started, I ended up totally wrecking a tac squad of marines, I painted them all with thick black gloss paint. Totally, all over. Including the head of the sgt. Im shocked to think I did it now, but back at the time I thought it was great.

Gareth, i wouldnt worry about the quality of those two models, your ones now more than make up for it (and those look very similar to my standard of painting now!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm betting most people would claim their first figures but I'm still pretty proud of mine. Covered in thick enamel testors paint, he's a bit of a mess but you can't forget your roots.
    Mine would be a metal termie captain basicly painted in flat grey with every bit of detail picked out but no highlighting or anything. Right at that amatuer crossover period when my mates noticed I might have some potential as a painter. I've been trying to strip it for years but no one will let me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first miniatures..

3 orcs when I was into D&D

enamel paints.. aircarft grey,,, british aircraft green and I seem to remember a sick looking brown. No highlighting, no undercoat just paint striaght on the models.... errr no paint brush either.. I applied the paint with a matchstick.

No pics though I'm afraid.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I think I still have a shouilderpad left somewhere from my all-time worst. It was newyearseve and all the rest of my family was sick, so I sat in the sofa with my first CSM-boxed set and some newly bought paints and some wine. Firecrackers lighthening up the sky.
    Since the paint was brandnew and all I ever used before that was really really old paints heavily watered down do abstract some sort of pigments, I felt like in heaven. Didn't bother to use water other then to clean my brush...
    When I had basecoated it I remember thinking...hey, where did all them fancy details go?
    The next day I had a headache...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here he is.
    Eewwwww...

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought all colours was highlighted with white (looked like it then), so that's what I did with my first army of lizardmen. Alot of white stripes on a lot of green lizards looked a lot like crap. Don't have any pics of them though .. would probably ruin the lens of the camera if I tried .. :x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mini's are never going to be shown to the public again:

My first D-fish, and my first 12 firewarriors. The second I can replace them, they're toast(D-fish is definitely going tob ecome terrain...)
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use brakefluid instead!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast