Iron Warriors help needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Warriors help needed

I'm looking for suggestions on how best to paint up my Iron Warriors. I'm trying to achieve a rusted, unkempt look while still retaining some shiny metal showing through. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has a simple way of painting hazard striping, I'd love to hear it. Thanks much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Paint the armor tin bitz over a black under coat, then drybrush it in boltgun metal. This will look like rusted armor in the recesses of the armor cracks. Also PM Gareth and ask how he did his 13th company rust effects, found here http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...army-pics.html
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

With my Iron Warrirors I sparyed them black the gave them a heavy dry brush of boltgun metal then a lighter one of Mithril Silver and he a very light dry brush of Tin Bitz Ill try to get a photo up I f any one can tell my how to do that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by z_man280
    With my Iron Warrirors I sparyed them black the gave them a heavy dry brush of boltgun metal then a lighter one of Mithril Silver and he a very light dry brush of Tin Bitz Ill try to get a photo up I f any one can tell my how to do that
    Down load the picture to your computer, then go to photobucket.com and register (its free) and upload your picture(s). Then copy the image tags it presents you with and paste them in your post. PM me if you need any help or more detailed instructions.

Edit: Now that I think about it you can paint your model boltgun metal, then wash it with brown ink, then dry brush it with mithril silver.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I have found that vallejo smoke (both model and game color) makes a great glaze for metals. It will give a dirty tarnished look to the metal while not being as harsh as brown ink. It is very effective.

As for the hazzard markings you could get some mask tape and mask off the areas you want the stripes to be this will leave a nice crisp line. Barring that if you are able - a ruler and a pencil will make a good guideline. Paint the base yellow first and then add the black. Otherwise you will be in a world of hurt trying to get yellow to cover the black. It will add tremendously to your amount of work!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

for rusted metal, i usually just do a really watered down wash of brown paint. it won't cuase it to glaze over like if you use ink and it isn't too much brown.

also, for hazard stripes i suggest you first paint the area you want to put the hazard stripes black. then, first paint stripes with brown pain. the brown will alow the yellow to be able to be painted well over the black. after that, you can paint over the brown with yellow paint. to finish it off, aply a little bit of brown ink to the yellow striped area(but try not to use too much)
    Last edited by Koss; August 20th, 2006 at 20:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7
    for rusted metal, i usually just do a really watered down wash of brown paint. it won't cuase it to glaze over like if you use ink and it isn't too much brown.

also, for hazard stripes i suggest you first paint the area you want to put the hazard stripes black. then, first paint stripes with brown pain. the brown will alow the yellow to be able to be painted well over the black. after that, you can paint over the brown with yellow paint. to finish it off, aply a little bit of brown ink to the yellow striped area(but try not to use too much)
    While you can do it over a black base by going brown first - you are adding several steps. It is quicker and easier to paint the black over the yellow than vise versa.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread