Transfering Paint - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Transfering Paint

Possibly a stupid question but here goes...

I'm starting to make my own custom color mixes for paint using GW paints and I've found that their paint pots just aren't big enough for some of the stuff I want to do. Also, I'd like to store my paints in dropper bottles. Anyway, can someone tell me the best way to transfer paint from one of the GW paint pots to a larger container without wasting paint? Any suggestions for containers, other than dropper bottles?

FYI- I experimented with using a dropper to transfer paint but I seemed to end up with more paint "stuck" to the sides of the dropper than I did in the new container.

To give you an idea of the type of mixing i'm doing I'd like to combine one pot of 1 GW color to another pot of another GW color for a 50/50 mix (or close to it).

2. Remove Advertisements

Long Beach, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

425 (x8)

The easiest way would probably be to just carefully pour between the bottles. Just take your time and pour slowly and you shouldn't spill. If you are not confident enough in your pouring abilites they do sell small funnels. I am sure a hobby store that sold gas powered cars would sell them as a plastic utensils store (container store), possible do a search online.

As for bottles do a search for Boston Rounds Eyedropper bottles and I am sure you will find something you are looking for.

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread