2 Librarians an Apothecary and some Vets walk into a bar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Librarians an Apothecary and some Vets walk into a bar

So I am finished with my librarian - just have to paint him now!!  Also modded an Apothecary, another librarian for a friend and 2 Vets.

My Librarian in Termie Armor

Apoth in Termie Armor

Librarian for a friend

My VET Sarg

A regular VET

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Wow! That is some awsoem models! many of the conversions isn't that advanced (except the terminator-libbys...) but looks awsome! Great work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks... my bad - Im not sure if i should have posted this in the Modelling or Conversions sections - and since three of them are conversions - well you know.

Its actually my first models and my first experience with GREEN STUFF... lots of fun though - the Lib in Term armor took me ages, I kept changing him and ripping off all the GS and then starting again until I was fairly happy (that being as good as I can get for now)

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

It's precisly in the right forum.

First time with GS?!? They are awsome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

not bad...for someone doing their first green stuffing.
    it prob. took you some time.
    dont you think an apoth. termie is overkill?

would you sell them ? i have a buddy wher i live who would love to get his hands on them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh it took a while - on the apoth, well i didnt know much about anything when i did these, i hadnt even finished reading the SM codex or rulebook... so at the time it seemed like fun. just like the way it looks.

selling them??? well i dont know - if someone offered me a decent price i might sell them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool! All three conversions are going to make a nice addition to any SM
    army. although I agree the termie armor is a bit of over kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

wow...looks amazing for the first time w/ GS. Im not a big fan o GS because I always seem to leave it at my local GW and they never give it back :wacko: I need to make my termie lib..jus too lazy I guess

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my termie librarian is the first model I made - i got a boxset of Tac SM and they stayed pretty much in the box - then i bought some Bits online - termie bits, then got a termie boxset and some GS and decided to try make a librarian... i think he came out quite well... the termie in regular SM armor also came out quite nicely...

used a fantasy chaos back& cloak - so there was a lot of chopping and sawing and filiing and GS'ing to make it all fit properly...

my GS skills aren't great - mostly cause I lack patience i think... i just cant seem to get nice sharp edges or very smooth surfaces... but then like i said i start and then fiddle with it too many times - someone on another forum said i must make it then just leave it till its half cured then fiddle once or twice then leave it alone!

tried that... didnt really work for me though - hahahah

but thanks to everyone for their support.

Join KhanWars so I can get coins!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, don't put yourself down! Your GS work is great, especially for a first-time. I especially like the ammo chain on the Librarian's storm bolter and the emblems you added to the Apothecary. Top notch work!

And when you said that you did a lot of removing and redoing the Terminator Librarian- that's good! The important thing about GS is that you can take it off and try again. And again. And again if need be!

As far as crisp/ clean edges, try leaving the GS to dry for the night, then returning the next day with a hobby knife. GS is extremely easy to cut/ file/ scrape into more shapes than you can sculpt it into.

It is also true that GS is easier to deal with (less sticky) if you let it cure for a couple of minutes after mixing it. BUT! That is only for sculpting. If you want to fill gaps with it, you should use it immediately after mixing.

If you keep up your standard of conversion, you'll have a truly ace army when all's said and done! And remember, you don't need to be pleased with the first results!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast