Where does the power come from???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does the power come from????

Hi Guyz,

I am hoping to do a conversion with the new plastic Terminators, by making one into a Rune Priest with a Force Weapon.

I want to attach a weapon that will be quite big and imposing; as I believe a Force Weapon should be. However, I intend to attach wires to it, so that it can be assisted by the power supply available in the Terminator Armour or the backpack to aid in swinging such a lethal weapon around on the battlefield. The problem is, I don’t know if the power comes from the armour itself or the backpack the Terminator wears. I can’t find anything on the WWW that will help me out.

So, I come to you, with sore fingers after endless searching, :cry: to acquire the information that I need.

Does a Force Weapon/Power Weapon gain it support power from the Terminator Armour or from the backpack, or does it come from somewhere else entirely different? If it comes from the Armour or backpack where on the armour or backpack would I place the connection? :book: Under his arm, on the bottom of the backpack, etc etc etc?:w00t:

I know this may seem trivial but I like to get things right. I also know it is make-believe and that it is all just a creation of some genius. But I don't care, I still want to know!!

So, help me out if you can. :cry:

Steve

Sons of Russ , somnium of reverto of Leman Russ , nostrum inclitus Primarch , quod ut dies is plumbum nos iterum obsto Malum Unus in Denique Pugna procul terminus of universum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

First, terminators don't have backpack's; their power generators are housed within the terminator armour itself because of the size and reinforced skeleton that makes up terminator armour.

Second, power weapons act on their own power, with a power cell giving them the energy to carve throughalmost anything. A force weapon can do the same thing, but when wielded by someone with enough psychic power they can put all that power into their weapon and even more damage because of it. (In game terms, suck away all of the life from an enemy..)

That might be why you haven't found anything so far, because there has been nothing to find..

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

What darkreever says is true, but if you wanted to have power leads/cables anyway, for whatever reasons, then you should feel free.
    I'm sure there are power/force weapons out there that can draw from external power supplies, so go for it.

Model wise, if you're working on Terminators, I would suggest the cable would probably join into the suit behind the arm, up under the sholder pad, as you can see on the regular arms.
    With normal marines, it's slightly more tricky. You could probably get it in the same location (under the shoulder pad), but it might look a bit forced. Maybe have it vanishing behind up behind the model's back, where the power pack joins the body

Hopefully that was useful :yes:

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guyz for that.

Rep been left for Darkreever, have to throw some more around before I can 'Rep' you again -t, will do it as soon as possible though.

Do you mind if I take these ideas down and load them on my computer. :yes:

Cheers

Steve
    Sons of Russ , somnium of reverto of Leman Russ , nostrum inclitus Primarch , quod ut dies is plumbum nos iterum obsto Malum Unus in Denique Pugna procul terminus of universum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Who could have problems with uing suggestions?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Heres a little suggestion. Since the weapon feeds off of his psychic ability to kill the target out right, maybe the cables could lead from the weapon, up the arm, over the shoulder, then into the back of his helmet? Feel them directly into his brain and cut out the middle man.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

normal power weapons draw their power from powercells in the weapon
    powerfists and lightning claws are an exeption on this rule, because they use such amounts of power they are attached to the powerarmour powersupply.

Force weapons don´t have an power cell and don´t need any connection to the armour because they are powerd by the psy power the wielder posses wich is forced through the aegis wires in the weapon.
    This makes it much more lethal and safer because your enemy needs to be an psyker to use your weapon if het takes it from you.

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ecerything everyone else has said is right but i agree with minus_t if you want to put cabling on, which is acceptable fluffwise for reasons such as it draws energy from the suit so that if an enemy picks it up then it wont work because it doesn't have its own power and is as such useless, I would suggest connecting it to the elbow or wrist, probable starting from one side of the hilt guard (see fig. 1) or from the bottom of the hilt (see fig. 2)

l (fig.1)
    l
    l
    ---<====
    l

l (fig.2)
    l
    l
    ----
    l
    ¬<====

+ Reply to Thread