Gobbo test mini - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gobbo test mini

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Gobbo test mini

Here is the test mini for my gobbo army. Its a good start, i love the black, that looks really nice. Also the wooden shafts look great, will be a pain painting hundreds like that but it'll be good practice.

Not sure on the metals of the skin. May try and do the skin differently after i've looked at other gobbo armies for inspiration.

The pic is huge compared to the mini... people reading this i dare you to put your fre gobbo next to the screen to see the comparsion! Its shocking....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

my gobo is as large as your spear tip?
    Giant Gobo AAAAAAAAARGH!!!

I like the black, it´s realy nice and the model is also great

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Wow, they're that small? How can you paint such small things?!?!

Must say, that little goblin looks very cool. The spear is probably my favourite bit; very nice.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Very good test mini, mate.

As you say, the blacks are lovely. Looks soft, like cloth should, and there isn't a much better compliment I can think of to give
    Wood is very nice as well. I applaud your dedication to doing an entire goblin army like it...

The metals look pretty good on the whole, I like the spear head very much, nice and discoloured.
    I'm not so keen on the metal on the belt buckle though, it looks far too shiny to me, especially for a goblin who lives in a dank, smelly cave.
    Maybe give all the metallics several washes of black or brown, really dulling and darkening them down, so they look like they are covered in grime or soot or something. From there, add 'bright' chips and wear, where the soot/dirt has come off, and the clean metal is showing through... Just a suggestion, of course.

I don't really know what to suggest for the skin, it kinda looks a bit bright, but I have very little experience with green in general, and for green skin tones I am practically clueless.
    It might look more 'goblin-y' if it was a paler green, almost like an australian sun-worshipper compared to a london goth, if you see what I mean?

Good use of the free WD gobbo, btw Mine came with the nose all squished

I hope some of that was useful for you matey.
    -t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

some interesting thoughts to mull over, but you're pretty much just confirming what i suspected.

I'm happy with the metals, they don't warrant my usual attention to detail due to there going to be 200 of these little buggers eventually and any detail will be lost in the sea of green. The skin however is very important to get right. I will look into this more, as i'm a noob to fantasy and orcs/orks (WHFB and WH40K).

Cheers for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

This is a nice mini Gareth mate, as I said last night. I like the smooth black and the woodgrain is a nice touch [this seems to be coming like a tradesmark item for you :tongue:] Most points have been addressed, I like the rusted look to the spear head; something you'll get use to for orcs and goblins. They're not known for polishing their weapons regually

As to the skin, the general rule; the bigger and older they are the darker the skin. So your Black Orc warboss should be practically black but your snotling a paleish green.

KU

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

695 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    As to the skin, the general rule; the bigger and older they are the darker the skin. So your Black Orc warboss should be practically black but your snotling a paleish green.

KU

Ah something i didn't know, cheers mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Gobbos Batman!

Love the model dude!

I would make the skin on the Gobbo lighter to contrast with the darker green of Orcs and even darker green of black Orcs.

I take it the army is going to be a Night Gobbo one?

love the Metel on the spear head (what have you used for the rusted look?)

The eyes would look better IMO if they were highlighted with an orange/yellow to make it more vibrant?
    Although I hate this method for regular red highlights it looks good for eyes and runes and the like!

The rope cord around his waist clashes with the wood of the spear shaft and maybe would look better in a red/brown mix?

Can't wait to see more mate!

Cheers
    Dean
    Cheers
    Mouthrax

New Look Website
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

The other treatment that makes a weapon look REALLY beat up-

pretty much wash the whole blade with your rust/blackening agent, and just brighten
    the edges, that way it looks like the whole of the blade has been neglected, but a new edge has been ground on the weapons. With the bonus that they could give you tetanus at the slightest
    nick (if it doesn't kill you outright). Admitedly, this works better for choppa's than spear tips.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love it all i can say is get the battle of skull pass and paint up all the goblins i would love to see your version of spider riders keep up the good work
    "Mr. Cypher please come out from underneath the table, the Dark Angels are not out to get you."

+ Reply to Thread