Let Us All Worship Horus, Sing It Loud Ye Faithful Chorus! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Let Us All Worship Horus, Sing It Loud Ye Faithful Chorus!

As I've mentioned before, I am new to this and am now building my first army, hoping to soon take a shot at a conversion. Meanwhile, I am reading blacklibrary books and have become fascinated with the Horus Heresy.
    So, here's my question: Has anyone attempted a Horus conversion? I would like to try and believe that the best place to begin would be with a Blood Angel's torso (stand by with the greenstuff!)
    Don't know if anyone would ever want to get involved with a Horus campaign, or if it would wind up a model on the shelf, but would love to try it.
    Anyone else done, seen, or know of one?
    Sartorious

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

One thing to think about before attempting this. The primarchs are to space marines, what space marines are to normal humans. Size might be an issue to consider.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true... but i think primarchs are actually bigger than the scale, i thought they were like, twice the size...
    at any rate, you can use a 54mm Inquisitor model, ill grab you a link... http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...orignav=300808 thats one, i thought they had others but i cant find them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ling_Lover
    true... but i think primarchs are actually bigger than the scale, i thought they were like, twice the size...
    at any rate, you can use a 54mm Inquisitor model, ill grab you a link... http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...orignav=300808 thats one, i thought they had others but i cant find them...
    Unfortunately (actually fortunately) they only made one marine for inquisitor and then made an extra sprew with a helmet or two.

Primarchs are not as big as some make them out to be, especially in the current two horus heresy novels which has mentioned them as being about a head or so taller than normal marines. So model wise they would probably be on a large base that you put the new terminators on.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

thje closest thing ive ever seen to what i believe a primarch is, was on cool mini or not. I tried (and failed) getting a link to coolminiornot, it said it didnt exsist , but they were truely impressive. They were made with some sort of computer molding thingie, others may have seen
    them before and maybe somebody knows of another link for these guys. Sometimes there on eBay for sale. I think there from scribor, but im not so sure. Ill try finding the link later if i can...
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    240 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Primarchs are not as big as some make them out to be, especially in the current two horus heresy novels which has mentioned them as being about a head or so taller than normal marines. So model wise they would probably be on a large base that you put the new terminators on.

I agree, also, considering the older fluff and an old short story telling the final climax and battle between the Emperor and Horus and the slaying of Sanguinius, it's never mentioned anywhere that Primachs are 'giants', merely slightly bigger Space Marines. I think the misconception of the giant primarchs comes from those old Epic chaos Primarchs, they were as big as the groin of a Titan, totally out of proportion.

Almso, considering the fluff, the space marines are based on the genes of the Primarchs so it's a bit weird if they're abnomally large giants. They would be too abhuman and thus scary for the people they are trying to protect ey all that imperial have for xenos and mutants... one would expect that would try to keep their own genetic mutants as close to humans and possible (Sanguinius and Magnus the Red are the only mutated exceptions I think)

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    (Sanguinius and Magnus the Red are the only mutated exceptions I think)
    Well maybe Leman Russ qualified. At least in Lion El'Johnson's opinion.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Search 'Primarch' on Coolminiornot. There is a few that one guy has made. Quite good. Too busy in my opinion though.

Good luck in your quest!

DJ

+ Reply to Thread