bases. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bases.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

bases.

i was reading a section in the forum today about how most of the model has to be Citadel parts and that peices crafted from other crafters are not allowed in tourneys. and the converstions that you do must be *mostly* all citadel. now this sparked a question in my mind.

i recently found these really cool coins that this company manufactures. they are supposed to be like some sort of good luck charm pocket coin that brings u fortune or something. But as i was looking at it, i was thinking, man this would make the coolest base for my grey knights.

so how is GW when it comes to bases? like, i dont think the base should be that big of a deal. I know the peice is not GW, but i am using it as a cool scenic base. and it is a coin that is made as a good luck keepsake sorta thing. the army i am currently building, i want to be able to take to tourneys//events, which is why i am putting SOOO much time into them. but now that i think about it, i dont want to have myself thrown out (so to speak) because i used non-citadel items for my bases.

This is what the token that i have looks like:

does anyone think that using these as bases will be a problem? scale wise, they are about half way between a 24mm base and a 54mm base.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I think you can do anything for a base as long as they aren't any smaller than the base the model came with.

AFAIK, I could be wrong.

Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

^True.

Basically, if those coins are bigger or the same size as a regular base, then they are fine to use on PAGKs, but to use them on termies you will need to make them the same size or bigger than the bases that termies come on.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

The guys above have covered size so I wont go any further into that. As far as I am aware the tournament rules are referring to competing companies (i.e. Rackham) when they say you cannot use other companies parts. The company that made these coins is unlikely to be in competition with GW so, as long as the model as a whole is over 50% GW parts, I see no problem with using them as bases in a tournament.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

thnx guys. i didnt know the rulez about the sizes having to be same or larger then the original base. which means, i will have to come up with some kind of extension method for them for my termies. maybe lots of GS or milliput and make a ring around them to bring them to the similar size as the current Bases.

thnx again.

and any ideas on how to extend the bases? i would just glue them on the current base for the terminators, but i want the writing on the bottom to still be readable lol i am weird like that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could somehow hollow out the regular bases so that the coin fits inside? Or, are the coins ferromagneitc, that is, will a magnet stick to them? If so, you could put magnets in the regular bases so they stay on during play, but you can take them off for display.

+ Reply to Thread