Army men - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Army men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army men

Hey can those little army men you used to play with when u were little count as Ig's? I found an old browning m1919 tow, perfect size for them and I took one of them that had a m16 skillfully took off the m16 and added the Browning, cut off his head and tilted and glued it back on. So would he count as an Imperial Guardsman with Heavy Stubber? I say yes... until I found that the guy, crouching, is bigger than a terminator. (Uh-Oh)

http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Tears
    Hey can those little army men you used to play with when u were little count as Ig's? I found an old browning m1919 tow, perfect size for them and I took one of them that had a m16 skillfully took off the m16 and added the Browning, cut off his head and tilted and glued it back on. So would he count as an Imperial Guardsman with Heavy Stubber? I say yes... until I found that the guy, crouching, is bigger than a terminator. (Uh-Oh)
    With your opponent's permission in a friendly game? Sure. It's called proxying.

For anything official/tourneys? Definitely not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

thats actually what i do to test army lists. I use simliar toy models and lego, until i find a army list that i like. Then of course i go out a buy the GW stuff, but i dont really want to spend money on something that is "useless" like something that costs too many points for too little punch...
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by _Toast_
    thats actually what i do to test army lists. I use simliar toy models and lego, until i find a army list that i like. Then of course i go out a buy the GW stuff, but i dont really want to spend money on something that is "useless" like something that costs too many points for too little punch...
    Thats a pretty good idea there Toast. GW can really get freakin expesnise, and it does suck to buy a couple of units that youre never going to field, because they're "useless" to the way you play. (Not to say that any unit in 40K is useless, just probably doesn't fit your playing style.) It would be pretty easy to proxy IG with army men, though the size differene can be quite huge.

I wouldn't spend too much time on them though, like Lost Nemisis stated, they'd only be good for proxys in a freindly home game. Wouldn't reccommend taking them into a GW store or tournament or anything.

Still, a pretty good, and cheap idea...:yes:

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

I used my friends Star Wars miniature models one time as a Chaos army in an unofficial tournament. Darth Vader was my chaos lord, armed with a power weapon to show the lightsaber. I had an AT-AT as a Land Raider and a few AT-ST's as traitor Sentinels lol. It was rather fun, and about the same size, and in unofficial games it's good to have a few whacky games. I spanked my friends Witchhunters and helped decimate a Space Marine army, my favorite hobby to do in 40k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ty, now my army men (of dooom!) shall own my purple ultramarines terminators
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

+ Reply to Thread