Gargant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gargant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I resenly started biulding a Gargant (Hakbash inspired me). And its coming along well. I posted this to ask for more idias on how to make it look REALY cool and orky. All idias and opinions are welcom.

thanks

:a (green)

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well remember, any orc machinery shouldn't look sleek, it should have a chunky appearance, like it was built by 10, 5 year olds. If you want to add some spiky knees, or feet, that's cool too, if you want to use a CC weapon, make a big axe for the arm, for materials, can't help you there, probably plasticard, polystyrene, cardboard and balsa.

Also remember any guns should be big, really big, the gargant is supposed to be a loud chunk of metal that just smashes and blows up anything in it's path.
    You can't move the furniture anymore
    And I'm not gonna trip and fall
    Going for the door

Fuzz - Helen Keller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im making huge treds out of 2 oatmeal boxes, then im going to start at the midsectin from there. I have some Pvc pipes for big guns. and about three shoeboxes, and Ill order lots of bitz. I have the knack of making orkish vehikles. I just want creative new things to add.

the leanth and width are both about 12 inches or so, while i plan(Im working from ground up) to make it about 2-3 feet hight. I hope theese damentions are about right, if not pleese tell me what they should be.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher19
    Here is another pic of just the gargant
    Hakbash's Gargant

Rear shot
    Gargant Back

Lower rear shot of the worky bits
    Gargant lower rear

The gargant was made out of pink foam insulation board, covered in cardboard just like my bommer and battlewagon. the rivets are all nails of various sizes...
    I started building it at the beginning of the Third War for Armorgeddem. I finished it in the last few weeks of the war.

The scatter kannon is made out of cardboard and rubber tubing. Small caps were inserted into the ends so I didn't have to paint very deep into the barrels.
    The main body of the scatter kannon is a crystal light container...the power/loading pipe is an old vaccum cleaner hose. The gun is mounted to a piece of basswood which I plated with some odd bitz of plastic on the upper arm area.

The rippa arm is made out of a piece of pink foam insulation board covered in cardboard then nailed into place. The upperarm is basswood covered in plastic plates again. The actual chainfist is made out of mutiple layers of thick cardboard. The central layer is the thickest and it is the blade.
    The kannon turret is made out of a cut down crystal Light container, the turret rotates 360 degrees. Bendy straws, pvc pipes, candy dispensers, and all sorts of recyclables where added to finish it off. The main bolt on the end of the chainfist blade is a toilet nut and bolt [the plastic ones that you mount the toilet seat on with] It actually goes through both sides of the blade.

The head is made out of a baby formula tin. The jaw is styrofoam packing material cut to fit the head. Both eyes are plastic caps from applejuice or iced tea containers.

The belly busta kannon is huge....it shoots large 3" kannon balls which are loaded from the crane in the rear of the gargant [the crane actually moves]....barrels of powder are also loaded...you can see the loading rails on the lower left and the loading door. I have the powder kegs and extra ball ammo but it isn't glued on so I left that stuff out of the pics. The gun is fired like a black powder gun...no shells.

The gargant is 27" tall, 24" wide and 24" deep. It is a bit large, larger than I really wanted. I was aiming for 24" high but I missed.

Tip of the day...If yer an Ork player "Don't throw anything away"...

I will put some pics in the gallery so you can get a better look at them. Oh and I like your new avatar too.

WAAAGH! Da Gargants
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that must have taken a lot of work, and you know about hellsing?
    <span style='color:purple'>&quot;FallenAngel was a fool, he was weak, but now I am back, and he will remain as but a memory&#33; HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAA&#33;&#33;&#33;&quot;
    ~SoulTheif88</span>

Closed Thread