Librarium Online Forums banner

SpaceMarine Raptors Chapter

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Alaric 
#1 · (Edited)
I really want to start a Raptors Army (the Space Marine Chaper not Chaos Marines with Jump Packs and wings). However, I'm not sure how to paint the faded dirty green battered armour. For want of a better comparison, I'm thinking, plague marine style..ish..that deep yet pale dirt rusting green...does that make any sence at all?

Which paints, base colours, low/ mid tones and highlights should I do? Any sudgestions gratefully recieved.

TA

Matt

#2 ·
I would start with spraying them black followed by a basecoat of catachan green. Then cover the model with 25/75 mix of catachan green and camo green leaving the darkest recesses catachan green. Lightly drybrush the whole model with camo green and use a 50/50 mix of camo green and bleached bone for the fine highlights on the armor edges.

#5 ·
You're gonna need alot of Greens and browns for this. I would even throw in a Chainmail for scratched parts.

Greens:
Camo green as basecoat of course. I find it is quite light, so darken it it up a bit with Chaos black, or even just Dark Angels Green.

Browns:
Use these to create that weathered look. Heavy drybrush the model with the darkest brown from the feet up, gradually getting lighter near the top. Repeat with lighter browns, but with lighter drybrushing.

Metallics:
Very, very lightly drybrush edges on the models to make it seem that the armour is weathering down. It looks like rust too if the metallic is dark.

You can also actually scratch the model with a very sharp modelling knife. If you have never done it before, read about it the Games Workshop site for info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.