Here I go again - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here I go again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I go again

Well I stand at that cross road again another marine army behind me and an open field ahead. Ive been looking at the old Lost and the Damned list and have decided to do an adeptus mechanicus army.... but wait thats already been done you say, fine then how about an adeptus mechanus army filled with adepts enthralled with the Necrons and there "perfection". Yes perfect and allying them with my friends new cron army would be easy and fluffy. Thats is my plan and now I turn to yopu wonderful people of LO for assistance.

Im really excited about this army as it allow me to do some thing I wasnt able to do much of in my SM armies, CONVERTING! I have the basic layout of the army set up

Vostroyans - Skitaari (tech-Guard)
    Old school scarabs - Imperial Scarabs (Gibbering Hoards)
    Fantasy Ogres and Ork Bits - Combat Servitors (Big Mutants)
    Full Harness Tech MArine - Arch Tech Magi (Lord)

I also plan on adding some cool armored vehicles and some necron bits and green rods and stuff

Now the question I have is about the centerpiece I have in mind it will be my substitute for the Defiler model. It is going to be the monolith base with build up GW plastic ruins around the out side in the very center Im gonna mount an earth shaker horizontally sticking out the front. There is also gonna be a few techis abourd as crew and some soldiers around the outside edges as if firing off it. I hope that it will give the feeling of an acient shrine to the Machine god that moves around like a mobile fortress. Now that you have sort of an idea what im talking about I was just wondering if I should mount this thing on a set of converted defiler legs or aq pair of massive tacks. Also If anyone has any idea how to make these tracks that would be very helpful.

Any input, opinions, or anything else is appreciated

"They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this sounds great. really wish you luck and post pics if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Heh, a "Cult of the Dragon" army eh? Interesting. Never thought to model a skitarii army that that worship the sleeping form of the Void Dragon C'Tan on Mars. I wish you luck on this project, that'll be as much converting as I'm currently doing on my Ad-Mech style Marines.

Already a few ideas have popped into my head...

- Incorporate the green necron rods into any las-weaponry, by cutting of the lasgun barrels and adding the gauss rifle barrels and rods and using Heavy Destroyer Gauss Cannon barrel instead of a Lascannon barrel.

-Use Scarabs instead of Servo-skulls

-Of course, try and incorporate as much necron 'bionics' into the troops as possible, ie: arms, legs, hands, faces. (Vostryans might be a little hard for this as they are solid chuncks of pewter. Not impossible, just harder than the plastic Cadians.)

-For a grander centerpiece, you might want to make your Tech-Marine Lord a Tomb Spyder Centaur, like the Necron Lord here.

Hope that helps.

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone I think the vostroyans look fairly mechy to start with so Im gonna pretty much keep em them the same. What I really want to know is anyones opiniomn on the mobile shrine thing.
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Whilst I'm not sure about an army allying themselves with the Necrons (Necrons hate all life), I think your idea for a centrepiece would be very (very!) cool if done well.

I think the best way to make the shrine mobile would be to put it on tracks. You could get suitable parts to make these tracks from models tanks. Just wander into your local model shop and have a look at some of the larger scale tanks. 40K operates on a 1:54 scale (28mm), so if you want to get some really chunky tracks you should look for 1:35 scale tanks or even bigger. Your best bet would be to look at the track pieces in some of the boxes (often they are not sealed) to check before you buy.

For the main body of the vehicle, you could have several priest type figures (teched-up obviously) shouting prayers from a pulpit. To represent the Defilers close combat attacks, you could model on a few of these multi meltas and say they can only be used at very close range. The other weaponry could very easily be represented by mounting the missile launcher from the chaos vehicle accessory sprue (or other weapons) onto pintle mounts on certain parts of the vehicle.

Some very useful parts for this project can be found with the throne of judgement (click me!)

I think that if you do this right it will look realy good. Post up some pictures of the model mate, I would like to see how it turns out.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys I lovin the feed back Ive decided to include green necron rod shard spines sprouting from my big mutants from odd angles and at differat lengths.
    Ill try and post some pics as soon as I can.
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

There is a great little tutorial about getting nice green crystals from CMoN.

Linky here.
    Last edited by Jon Quixote; October 3rd, 2006 at 16:01.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man this is more effective and helpful than I had thought it would be You guys rock now Ive got another question for you folks. Do you think the shrine vehicle will look good with the rest of the army Ive had the concept for this vehicle in my head for a long time but im starting to get some doubts.

+ Reply to Thread