Newbee Needs Help With A Whirlwind Mod - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually would it be a MOD, or a conversion, or perhaps just an adjustment, anyways here's the skinny:

I Like the GW Whirlwind, not the forge one, although I do like the forge rhino - pred - well you get the idea body style (I just can't get past those round blast doors on the GW's) and I'm rambling, well anyway ...

So I'm mounting the GW turret to the forge body, looks good so far, but my question is (Finally!!&#33

Is there any way to allow the GW missle pods to elevate, swivel, what-have ya??? The instructions (yeah like I actually read them) has nothing except glue'n em in place, and I kinda want that track-the-bad-guys-and-rain-a-whole-lot-of-goodness-on-their-head feeling.

Any ideas???? It's probably so simple I'm just gonna smack myself when I hear it, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thankies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I know of is to place some pins on the inside of the missile housing to keep them on the model while you move it around. The pins are just to keep them from falling of, don't glue them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kewl idea with the pins, but wouldn't it still be a bit loose?? I know the pods don't weigh much, but the placement of the hole to attach the pods is a bit off the center of grav, so the pods, even after I placed them in firing position, would just fall back pointing down. Unless (the light bulb blinks) I do a pin on the one side, and a tube on the other and make sure it's a really snug fit, kinda a friction weld so-to-say, that way they'll stay in place when I move them around, and won't fall off. Whatcha think??

Closed Thread