Blue Table Painting - WH Chaos Tundra Beast Chariots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Table Painting - WH Chaos Tundra Beast Chariots

Warhammer Fantasy

Tundra Beasts

Hey all. I went to a =Farewell to Sixth Edition= Warhammer Fantasy tournament early in September. I didn’t play, I was co-hosting with a local game store owner. We made a lot of the terrain for it. Aaaanyway, I had been CLEAN of Warhammer for about four months. Well, after that tournament, watching all those people playing, I fell off the wagon big time.

After the usual agonizing, I settled on Chaos Mortals. And as usual, I didn’t give much thought to the playability of the army. I just had a good idea and that formed a nucleus for everything else.

I had spied a three-horned beast figure in the game shop cabinet and that seemed a great mount for a chariot/howdah. Later, I found that it was called a =reek= from the Star Wars range. I did a test model start to finish, which you can see here:

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...?galleryID=977

Since then, I’ve put together four more, for a total of five chariots in the army. Here’s a step by step of how to put one together. I call them Tundra Beasts. There is some variation model to model to account for the vagaries of Chaos.

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...?galleryID=998

I have no doubts that there will be a lot more time put into assembly than into painting!

More updates to come!

Enjoy!

Eric

Blue Table Painting
    --Miniatures painting service. High quality, good prices, and quick turnaround.
    www.bluetablepainting.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like 'em alot. The metal came out damn nice I think, very interesting to look at. maybe it's because of the photo but the horns and fur seems to be melting in with the same goldish style as the gold have. I'd like to see it more contrasting.

I like the beasts. Cool conversions and really sweet blending from red tobrown. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another excellent job mate. I always like seeing your stuff. Like I've said before Eric, the Blue Table guys usually know what they're doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, thanks for the kind words, guys.

I'm really happy to be doing this work for BTP. It's REALLY a solid organization and full of great people.
    Their stuff is definitely good, if you like the style. For people who aren't really fans of glazing, it might not be their "cup of tea," but they do GREAT work for those of us who like (a) glazing or (b) all styles of painting to one degree or another.
    I am the latter.

Anyway... thanks again, guys.

As long as there's SOMEONE out there who still wants to see 'em, we'll keep posting them.

Quick question...
    I'm trying to find a "happy medium" of images in the posts. I want to be good to people with dial up, but I want to make them look good by having images.
    What do you think is a good amount of images to have in each post?

Thanks!

Eric
    Blue Table Painting
    --Miniatures painting service. High quality, good prices, and quick turnaround.
    www.bluetablepainting.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your style with one picture on every each unit/model and then a link to more pictures on them..

+ Reply to Thread